• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Night grilling / Smoking

phonedrn8

Joined May 10, 2016
Question what kind of lighting set up for your grill smoker ? Looking for something simple and bright. I was thing about getting a torch lamp from el cheap-o. Store

mike243

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
$20 or less for a decent head lamp and you will find your self using it for more than smoking at night ,another option is a pedestal lite with 3 swivel lites. Just put Led lites up in the carport and hooked up a Hyper Tough wireless remote to turn them on and off with.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I put a couple of spotlights on the side of my house that light up the smoker area.
Previous to that I used a headlamp.
Al

TomKnollRFV

Master of the Pit
Group Lead
Joined May 19, 2018
I use a headlamp, also got some high powered flash lights I just prop up as needed..

Though my smoker is on the porch or behind the garage where the lights are..so I guess that is cheating. I do suggest a headlamp though, you can't really go wrong owning on..especially if you own dogs who like to go outside at night alot!

GATOR240

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 15, 2017
I have rope lights around my smoker stand but at times use a portable light also.

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 17, 2013
I have always just used a mini flashlight. Probably should use something better\easier.

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
drop light with a high watt bulb

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 29, 2018

uncle eddie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 14, 2016
Agree with head-lamps. I also use flashlights.

Flashlights are used for detailed peeking. Headlamps for general smoker work.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.