1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Night grilling / Smoking

Discussion in 'Slicers, Grinders, Tools, Equipment' started by phonedrn8, May 8, 2019.

1. Question what kind of lighting set up for your grill smoker ? Looking for something simple and bright. I was thing about getting a torch lamp from el cheap-o. Store

2. motolife313

motolife313 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

How about a head lamp on the top of your head.

3. mike243

mike243 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

$20 or less for a decent head lamp and you will find your self using it for more than smoking at night ,another option is a pedestal lite with 3 swivel lites. Just put Led lites up in the carport and hooked up a Hyper Tough wireless remote to turn them on and off with.

4. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I put a couple of spotlights on the side of my house that light up the smoker area.
    Previous to that I used a headlamp.
    Al

5. TomKnollRFV

TomKnollRFV Master of the Pit Group Lead

I use a headlamp, also got some high powered flash lights I just prop up as needed..

Though my smoker is on the porch or behind the garage where the lights are..so I guess that is cheating. I do suggest a headlamp though, you can't really go wrong owning on..especially if you own dogs who like to go outside at night alot!

jokensmoken likes this.
  6. GATOR240

GATOR240 Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

I have rope lights around my smoker stand but at times use a portable light also.

7. I have always just used a mini flashlight. Probably should use something better\easier.

8. smokerjim

smokerjim Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

drop light with a high watt bulb

9. Winterrider

Winterrider Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

10. Smoke23

Smoke23 Smoking Fanatic

4E255C7C-E71E-4919-9389-B373EB08B295.jpeg I just put up a couple motion sensor solar lights.

phonedrn8 and uncle eddie like this.
  11. uncle eddie

uncle eddie Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Agree with head-lamps. I also use flashlights.

Flashlights are used for detailed peeking. Headlamps for general smoker work.

Smoke23 likes this.
  12. I like that one it weather proof and they are out the way..

Smoke23 likes this.