• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Thunderbug23

Original poster
Jul 6, 2019
So I been cooking on a WSM Wanted a offset so I bought a Old Country Pecos because it was the best bang for your buck, so I’ve cooked on it 3 times having issues every time I close the door the fire goes out so I have to leave the door open half way and I'm getting 20 minutes before I have to put a new log the logs are about 9-10 inches and they are seasoned and not wet so what am I doing wrong and what mods would you do

Not a stick burner, but I'll ask the obvious questions to give us a starting point. Are you using a bed of lit charcoal when starting, and are all your vents open? Cook chamber and firebox

Welcome to the site.

Chris

So I been cooking on a WSM Wanted a offset so I bought a Old Country Pecos because it was the best bang for your buck, so I’ve cooked on it 3 times having issues every time I close the door the fire goes out so I have to leave the door open half way and I'm getting 20 minutes before I have to put a new log the logs are about 9-10 inches and they are seasoned and not wet so what am I doing wrong and what mods would you do
do you have coals / sticks on a rack?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky