• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thunderbug23

Joined Jul 6, 2019
So I been cooking on a WSM Wanted a offset so I bought a Old Country Pecos because it was the best bang for your buck, so I’ve cooked on it 3 times having issues every time I close the door the fire goes out so I have to leave the door open half way and I'm getting 20 minutes before I have to put a new log the logs are about 9-10 inches and they are seasoned and not wet so what am I doing wrong and what mods would you do

gmc2003

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Not a stick burner, but I'll ask the obvious questions to give us a starting point. Are you using a bed of lit charcoal when starting, and are all your vents open? Cook chamber and firebox

Welcome to the site.

Chris

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
So I been cooking on a WSM Wanted a offset so I bought a Old Country Pecos because it was the best bang for your buck, so I’ve cooked on it 3 times having issues every time I close the door the fire goes out so I have to leave the door open half way and I'm getting 20 minutes before I have to put a new log the logs are about 9-10 inches and they are seasoned and not wet so what am I doing wrong and what mods would you do
do you have coals / sticks on a rack?

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.