Newbie from Arkansas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Stofur

Original poster
May 8, 2020
Hey everyone! I’m brand new to smoking...just got a Pit Boss Copperhead 5 for my 1st smoker (wanted something easy to use since I don’t know what I’m doing). I’ve smoked a couple of pork butts so far (pretty awesome) and tried some ribs (they weren’t the best). I have a lot to learn from you all!

Anyone else from NW Arkansas?

When I’m not smoking, I like to duck hunt and am training my new lab puppy (Luna) to retrieve ducks is a lot of fun. I work for Glad Manufacturing as a Plant Controller. I’m married with 4 kids. My oldest is in the Army National Guard and my 2nd is in college.

If anyone has any tips for the new guy, I’m all ears!

Reactions: Steff3
Welcome , try to buy 100% pellets, you want all hickory or apple or what ever flavor you like, now that said the blends can be really good also , spritzing can help with smoke flavor and also a smoke tube added helps, not all pellets are created eqaul but all of them can give good smoke flavor, if you have a rural king close they handle Lumber Jack pellets, they are my goto brand, the Charhickory gives a charcoal grilled note . posting pictures here is easy, they host them so no other pay site or whatever is needed.

Welcome from Ga. You'll find this is the best place to be in the Smoke World.

Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky