Another long weekend,another tri tip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
By the way... I'm also curious why you opted for standard garden tractor over a non-zero turn for mowing? How do you like your Husquy? I have about 4 acres I have to mow or otherwise maintain. But I actually look forward to mowing. That's a couple of hours of "me" time on the tractor in the sunshine with a beer in my hand. ...And something is usually in the smoker. I went with a mid-compact 25 HP Mahindra over a zero-turn. Most of it is hilly and sloped. Low CG was a determining factor for me as well as the many other utility purposes of a real tractor.

That's my shooting bench in the center of the picture on the little rise.

yard.jpg
stump.jpg
IMG00216-20130409-1919.jpg
IMG00255-20130608-1841.jpg
20151004_155258.jpg

Well this weekend wasn’t much different from the last few weekends. BUSY! That’s life in the spring out here. A lot of work to do on many fronts.

Saturday started with me & the wife driving an hour and a half south to pick up the pintail duck I shot in Arkansas this past January from the Taxidermist. Guy has a good name in his field so the drive was worth it.

We then moved on to a cinco de mayo party later this evening. Of course I did some dog training and some other stuff around the house in between.

Wasn’t long into the party I noticed my buddy wasn’t there. I text him and within the hour he text me back and said he was planting and thirsty! So we hopped on the ranger and drove to the field he was planting to drop him off some liquid refreshment. I jumped in his new tractor and took her for a whirl. Absolutely insane! These tractors do everything these days! All computers and satellites in the new stuff.

After that we went back to the party and next thing I know I’m waking up on the couch just before 6am.... Few hours later I’m at the training grounds and my wife calls and asks if I pulled out the tri tip. Guess I was thinking about Sunday dinner while I was up late!

I had her put it in the sous vide at 129 until I came home from training. 8 hours in the bath total. Nothing like letting the sv do the work for you while your getting stuff done all day! That’s why I love these things!

Quick sear on the weber and a little help from the wife on the sides and dinner is served! Easy as can be! No time to cook but with the sv still time for a great meal on another busy weekend.

View attachment 362953
No hands on the wheel! 100% satellite guided John Deere tractor. It runs for you, it turns for you! It’s insane! I’m not even sure why a person needs to be in it! Forget about google self driving cars.... Deere did it first.

View attachment 362952
Mph, rpm’s, and gear display. I’m telling you this tractor cost as much as my house and I’m not exaggerating.

View attachment 362951
Farming isn’t what the average person thinks these days. This Deere has a touch screen that tells you what’s going on at each of the 16 planters, what’s been planted and what needs to be planted. 100% satellite guided.

View attachment 362950
Hooper the Wonder Dog in the blind in Arkansas. She retrieved the pintail for me and she’s the dog behind the start of Wonder Dog Ranch.

View attachment 362948
The taxidermist did a great job on this duck! My goal on the Arkansas trip was to take a black duck or pintail. Got 50% of the goal accomplished.

View attachment 362949
The pintail looks great in the living room! Wife doesn’t agree. Probably worth sleeping on the couch. dogs will keep me warm. :)

View attachment 362946
My buddies dog Levi running a long water blind. A few geese actually stuck around and if you zoom in you can see them on the point. It takes a trained dog to ignore real waterfowl and take commands on a blind retrieve like this.

View attachment 362947
Scout keeping the cooler guarded during training!

View attachment 362944
Cheers from Wonder Dog Ranch! First beer of the day is always great! Warning up the weber into sear mode!

View attachment 362943
Searing the tri tip on the genesis.

View attachment 362942
The tri tip cut up. It’s cooked perfectly for the wife and I.

View attachment 362941
Nice plate the wife made me. Good meal after a long day.

View attachment 362940
Close up of the tri tip with some horseradish.

View attachment 362945
Speaking of horseradish here’s the roots I planted a few weeks ago popping up. Eventually we will be making our own horseradish at Wonder Dog Ranch.

Well that’s it. Long weekend, long post. Hope you enjoyed it.

Scott
The tri tip looks great but so does the photography! Big like!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky