New years day Ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brokenwing

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Maryland
This was roughly a 8 pound spiral sliced smithfield ham.  Jeff last year did a write up for a Easter ham, that i pretty much follow and love.  I smother it with mustard, and put on a good coat of lysanders hickory dry rub.  Then into the smoker until it reaches 140 (this is precooked, temp is not as important) and smoked with cherry.  The last hour, it gets a honey BBQ glaze, using sweet baby rays, and clover honey.  These hams are my favorite, and do not last long around the house.

9d3303d4_ham1.jpg

afeafa1e_ham3.jpg
afd4f57d_ham2.jpg

icon_cool.gif

Yes sir thats one fine looking ham that you have there.

Thanks for the comments, I cant get enough of these hams.  I could sit here and snack all day on a good smoked ham!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky