New user and first post. beef Short ribs and spare ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

NickPrender

Original poster
May 21, 2018
hey everyone. New around here and just want to introduce myself and show you my cook from yesterday. Did short ribs 3-2-1 over apple wood. Salt and pepper only. As well as no foil spare ribs. Normally do 3-2-1 but changing it up

Smoked between 225-250 for around 6 hours total.

9B3A913C-75D8-4E9B-97E3-0424DD8EDD6A.jpeg
3E1C602D-DFC0-425F-B97E-A917F41E11F9.jpeg
442F1810-467E-4813-8D58-75E0439476C0.jpeg

Nick, welcome to the club. Very nice short ribs and spares. Looks tasty!

I have a pack of short ribs in the freezer, I’ve been thinking of smoking them this weekend...perfect timing to see these.

Nick, welcome to the club. Very nice short ribs and spares. Looks tasty!

I have a pack of short ribs in the freezer, I’ve been thinking of smoking them this weekend...perfect timing to see these.

Thanks so much. Always been a lurker in this forum and figured i should start showing off some of my cooks. First time with the short ribs and they are amazing. Think I like them more than brisket to be honest. Also loved how no foil spares came out

Welcome aboard Nick, both ribs look great.

Chris

Thanks so much. Always been a lurker in this forum and figured i should start showing off some of my cooks. First time with the short ribs and they are amazing. Think I like them more than brisket to be honest. Also loved how no foil spares came out

Brisket is too expensive by me so I usually smoke and pull chuck roasts. I’ve never done short ribs. I bought a pack on clearance over the winter. They’re 4 individual bones and they don’t appear to be as meaty as yours. Maybe I’ll smoke them this weekend while I have the smokers out.

Welcome to the SMF glad to have you on board. Great looking cook there.

Take the time to go to roll call and give us some info about yourself such as where you are from.

Warren

Great smoke you did. I love short ribs. i usually dont wrap mine . i put them in the hottest part of the smoker and let them go until they are tender as i want them. may i suggest using a good steak seasoning on them....you get steak on a stick!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

WOO HOO!
Both the beef ribs & the spare ribs look fantastic!
Not many guys doing untrimmed spares anymore, I'm glad to see that there are a few of you still doing it the old way!
Very nicely done & congrats on making the carousel!!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky