New Toys

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnnie walker

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 24, 2011
NW Ohio
The wife and I went to BassPro yesterday and we ended up buying us a LEM 5 Lb stuffer and a Food Saver Vacum Sealer. We made our first batch of beef sticks on Sat. 10 lbs and stuffed it all with jerky pistol. Don't try that it makes the arms hurt. Useing the stuffer will make life easier I'm sure. 

7417bdef_LEM5LBStuffer.jpg
46089a6d_FoodSaver1.jpg

Thanks for the great comments guys. Roller I had her helping me with the stuffing and she said this sucks!! It didn't take much to talk her into the stuffer, and then she spotted the Food Saver at BP and said we might as well get one of those too. I think I'll keep her around awhile longer. After all I'm getting to old to train a new one.
banana_smiley.gif

Thanks for the great comments guys. Roller I had her helping me with the stuffing and she said this sucks!! It didn't take much to talk her into the stuffer, and then she spotted the Food Saver at BP and said we might as well get one of those too. I think I'll keep her around awhile longer. After all I'm getting to old to train a new one.
banana_smiley.gif
Do you offer training classes..............LMAO
laugh1.gif
. I always hear do we really need that, or Is there something cheaper you can use. I really hear it when I bring a new gun home.
hopmad.gif
 I want to start making my own sausage. Thus far I have failed at convincing her I need a power grinder and stuffer.  Especially since she knows some 1 that makes bulk sausage, and grinds by hand. I'm going to try my own bacon, and almost had her talked into a slicer till she saw the prices.

Real nice!!

How was the service at BP??

The one close to me is bad..have to find someone to help.

Last time there I said I wasn't going back.

Craig

Do you offer training classes..............LMAO
laugh1.gif
Sorry sprky, it's only taken me 35 yrs to get this to do what I want her to (some of the time)! I don't think there's enough of me left to try and train another one.
laugh1.gif

fpnmf, Our BP is pretty much the same. Unfortunately I think custumer service is pretty much a thing of the past when it comes to big buisness.

Congrats on the new toys they sure make things go easier

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky