New to Me

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DJR

Original poster
Sep 16, 2021
Hello, being new to this site and looking forward to learning some new tricks with smoke meats. I recently purchased an old 1930/s refrigerator with the coils on the top of the box. I plan on removing this section as it comes completly off and using the main box for a cold smoker, mainly for cheese. Does anyone know if there will be any potential dangers from lead paint or cadium from the racks or even asbestos from drilling new smoke holes? I don't envision any with the low tempts for cheese smoking but I'd also like to smoke some meats and fish.
Thanks,
DJR

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome to SMF!

Post up some photos of your project so we can see what you're talking about !

Reactions: DJR
Can't help with any toxic issues, but I'd like to Welcome you to SMF...JJ

Welcome and don't be a stranger. Ask questions and post pictures. I promise that with all the knowledge here, there will be plenty of folks that can help and answer your questions...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky