• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

NC Bound Jerky

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
I have 3 kids on base at FT BRAGG NC. My one son called and asked if i could make some jerky and bring down next week on our way to NOLA.

Sure i can

Got 5.18 lbs of London Broil cut in half.

Dont feel like knife slicing today so i got the jerky slicer out.

Got my hillbilly mix ready.

In the Reveo for 20 min marinade spin.

In the smoker @150 for 1.5 hrs to dry up some then PID to 160 with some hickory smoke.

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
Nice start on the jerkey nepas. Im about an hr away from bragg........... how about another batch for me........
       Nice toys you have there and enjoy your visit to NC...........

chef willie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 31, 2010
Yum....love the london broil for jerky making. Hope you making it nice and spicy for them. They paratroopers?? Give them my best regards and thank them for their service. Back in the day (read young & stupid) I was with the 101st at Ft. Campbell.....woulda killed for some good jerky..lol. Ditto on the above post...you got some NICE toys

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Yes that is some fine looking jerky that you have started for your kids. Now I try to keep our son (army) in the latest smoked goodies too.

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Thanks

82nd AA PIR and 7th Group SF X2

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Ya think i should know this by now (keep an eye on your smokes)

Kinda got away from me cuz i got busy with something else.

Taste good still. The Army son will eat anything anyways.  Just kinda to done for me.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.