My Roll Call - newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

deb campbell

Original poster
Apr 16, 2017
I am an amateur cook, spreading her wings from oven to smoker.  Just purchased a Traeger wood fired grill at Costco yesterday.  Living in Pflugerivlle, TX. I am cooking my first brisket today on Easter.   Looking forward to many excellent adventures with this new toy.

Deb Campbell, welcome to SMF!  Glad you are here with the new toy and jumping in feet first with a brisket.  Although, having married a Texas gal myself, I understand that knowledge of brisket is genetic in Texas. 

Have fun and Happy Easter!

Ray

thanks!   It was one crazy day.   With Traeger grill assembled, the brisket seasoned overnight - the unit failed 3 times.   LeR error - would come up to temperature and then shut off.   After a couple tries with tech support, the unit is going back today.   Ended up finishing the meat in the oven (325 for 3 hours) with apple cider baste each hour.    It was 170 degrees - had a late night snack.

Hoping we can fix the problem, and today is a new day.

Reactions: noboundaries
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky