My favorite thing to do with "pre-planned" left over ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnbphotos

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
Lowell, MI
Pre-planned meaning if I don't set some aside they will be gone hahaha

I call these my Rib Doggies. Smoked ribs, sliced then dipped in a spicy cornmeal beer batter then fried to perfection.

"Fall off the Bone Great, without Falling off the Bone!"

They sound great! But left over ribs? The line starts in the kitchen and extends to the back bedroom after eating jockeying for position on any ribs left over when there are some smoked.... Looked up last time and the neighbors had come a callin and where in line like they thought they were going to get a chance! Pfffft....

It does sound good though.

I definitely had to put those ribs off to the side and made it clear that I was making my Rib Doggies with them. Typically there are no left overs here either hahaha

but of Course :)

Corn Meal Beer Batter

1 12 oz. Corona (or milk)
2 eggs
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup white sugar
2 cup flour
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp smoked sweet paparika
1/8 tsp XX Hot Hatch chile pepper
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp ground mustard

Reserve 1/2 cup of dry batter mix. Add beer to remaining dry mix until a "pancake batter" consistancy is obtained. Cover ribs in dry batter mixt then dip into batter.

I use an old beer mug to dip the ribs in.

Deep fry for 3 minutes or until golden brown.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky