My coffee cup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My main two ... coffee cup on the left, don't even have a clue where we got it. Usually sits on the counter from day to day... just love it for some reason. It usually gets a couple fills in the morning before getting poured the yeti. Wife and I have a matching set... turns out if you buy $100,000 worth of gates you get a couple of yetis... maybe next time we should just buy them outright! :emoji_blush:

View attachment 674287

Guess it makes it easier to see when I actually add the pic!

Ryan

I am enjoying a morning out on the back porch with a cup of coffee. It’s a good day. I just firing up the smoker to do a pork butt. It’s these times when my mind wanders and I thought about my coffee cup. It brought up several questions. Does anyone else have a coffee cup that has stuck with them? Does it bring back any memories? Here is mine
View attachment 674253
I purchased it in 1990 in Seattle.
View attachment 674254
It was my cup that helped get me through school when the coffee was cheap and I drank it in quantity (much like other things in school). I have worked with that cup feeding me coffee my entire career, through different jobs. Now that I have retired, it has followed me home. I am pretty much the only one that ever uses it, and it doesn’t go in the cupboard, it just gets rinsed out and sits out until coffee the next day. I have never considered it a sentimental thing, but damn this thing has been with me a while! Anybody else have their coffee cup? Curious to hear the stories (if there are any).
I have an Army canteen cup I still use, and a coffee mug from the First Cavalry Division

Reactions: BGKYSmoker
Love all the stories about how you received or where they came from.

First off I can't get the hang of coffee. But I love my Tea. My grandfather got me drinking tea. I used to spend every summer with him on the dairy farm.
He would have a small cup of tea with every meal with at least 4/5 teaspoons of sugar in it. Of coarse what kid is not going to like anything with that much sugar in it. lol

Of coarse I am down to a lot less sugar now in my tea.

I don't really have a favorite cup/mug . I go in spurts when I get a mug a like I use it all the time until it gets broke or I fall for a new mug.

So the two I am currently attached to , yes 2 because sometimes I forget where I set it down last and use the backup until I find where I set it down

The small one we picked up in Puerto Rico when on vacation, really loved the saying because well that is life, you can't have things unless you work for it.
So Mona bought it for me , and it is my go to mug, and my backup is one from a coffee shop from Canada , just like the look and fee of the mug.

These 2 have now been in rotation for about 5/6 years now. My Denny's one has a crack along the rim, and did not know what I would do it it broke , it's a long way to the nearest Denny's to get a new one. Well as luck would have it They just opened a small Denn'ys in a Hotel here in town

DSC_8311.JPG
DSC_8312.JPG

David

I have an Army canteen cup I still use, and a coffee mug from the First Cavalry Division
I’d love to see pictures. When you say canteen cup, I picture all metal with the swivel metal handle.

I’d love to see pictures. When you say canteen cup, I picture all metal with the swivel metal handle.
First Cav mug at my office at Fort Drum , will post picture on Tuesday...

Yup. Kidney shaped steel issue canteen cup with swivel handles.

Have one in the trunk of my car too with an alcohol stove, basic ffood and water supplies and general preparedness items.

Reactions: mike243 and chp
My dad was a potter and we bought my parents studio and restaurant from them 6 years ago so I’ve always had a pottery mug that he signed. However 2 years ago while visiting friends across the country I came across this from a small pottery studio. I love everything mid century so this became my daily driver.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 16
So here it is, my very first coffee cup and yes a story. You asked!
I didn't drink coffee at all before I joined the Navy. My dad was an early riser and worked at a glass plant in Carleton... mom was up and at it quite early brewing his coffee in a old electric percolator... the smell of it brewing in the wee hours of the morning along with the oh so sweet smell of frying bacon for his breakfast used to drive me nuts, but I just couldn't stand the taste of coffee. Bacon? well duh! Anyway, fast forward till I was 21. Went on a camping trip somewhere along Skyline drive with a few folks from the shop and after a long night of merriment and otherwise, someone stuck a cup in my hand while we were cooking breakfast over a fire ring. Caffeine from drinking pop didn't compare. After two cups I was ready to move mountains! This takes me down memory lane as I had wrapped it in newspaper and stashed it in a bin with some other quite memorable glasses from my past, but they're not coffee cups so that is for another day.

Good thread! Keep it going.

View attachment 674289
Chris,
Are you a south paw? Your coffee mug says you are.

Here's one of my lefty's that I'm giving to my left handed nephew.

"Everyone is born right -handed. Only the greatest overcome it"
IMG_0415.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 02ebz06 and chp
I am enjoying a morning out on the back porch with a cup of coffee. It’s a good day. I just firing up the smoker to do a pork butt. It’s these times when my mind wanders and I thought about my coffee cup. It brought up several questions. Does anyone else have a coffee cup that has stuck with them? Does it bring back any memories? Here is mine
View attachment 674253
I purchased it in 1990 in Seattle.
View attachment 674254
It was my cup that helped get me through school when the coffee was cheap and I drank it in quantity (much like other things in school). I have worked with that cup feeding me coffee my entire career, through different jobs. Now that I have retired, it has followed me home. I am pretty much the only one that ever uses it, and it doesn’t go in the cupboard, it just gets rinsed out and sits out until coffee the next day. I have never considered it a sentimental thing, but damn this thing has been with me a while! Anybody else have their coffee cup? Curious to hear the stories (if there are any).
for public consumption

lib cup.jpg
lib cup.jpg

My other coffee cups.
I really like the Arbuckles coffee but the shipping is just as much as the coffee, so I had to go back to Community coffee.
IMG_4661.JPG

One I made, its only 12oz so I dont use it. I'm a 16 or 20oz'r
IMG_4660.JPG

Reactions: chp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky