My Addiction

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

new2smokn

Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
CenCal
Hi, My wife bought me the chargriller with sfb for Christmas been trying to smoke as often as I can.  I have recently been on ur here for some time.  I have done the modifictions listed here with exception to the tuning plates.  That is next.

As for smoking I have done bbribs, chicken, salmon, and what we call on the west coast tri-tip.

Love to smoke.

Last edited:
I feel the same way you, addicted. My wife keeps asking why I have to keep cooking for everyone around our campsite. I can't convince her that the people bringing the potatoe dish is spending the same amount as we did on the $80 sirloin roast.

.... or better yet when your wife starts looking at the forum over your shoulder and pointing to the stuff she wants you to make next!
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the SMF, it looks like you've got it going on. It's all good my friend.

welcome to SMF!

The ticket to smoking freedom is to get the wife addicted too.

Mine hasn't gotten quite there yet. but she does check the meat sales every week and she  knows how to make a few rubs and sauces. she will also take qview pics for me so i don't have to stop and wash my hands every few mins.

Welcome to the site. A new smoker is a  sure sign that you are spending to much time in the house. What type of fuel are ya using? Briqs, lump, sticks?

Big thing around here is qview. If you don't photograph and post your food, then you are just telling stories.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
icon_cool.gif

cool.gif

First off welcome to SMF. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now you have to get your wife involved with the smoking process or even get her to quit making fun of you and let her take the Qview/pictures to us. You will also fond some really good recipes and methods here for you  just for joining. I think that the fattie is like a welcoming present for not many of folks have heard of it till looking in here. So go out and grab you something to smoke and if you have any questions just post them here or go into chat and ask us live.

Welcome To Your New Addiction.

Welcome, good luck with the wife, haven't had any with mine yet. I'm hoping my first fattie will get her hooked. She loves the PP but thats all she shows interest in. Good smokin' my friend.

My wife doesnt like anything smoked, but my kids do so she gives-in! She will check meat sales but it is mostly just me that has to do all the running. Kudo's to all you gents that have your ladies hooked. I am waiting for that one receipe that will have her licking her brain through the roof of her mouth!

You'll just have to keep smoking stuff till you find something your wife likes! 

Welcome- There's lots of friendly people and help here!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky