Multi meat smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

eman

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 3, 2009
Since i was finally able to find some corned beef flats at sams, I decided to do some pastrami. Painted one w/ yellow mustard, and a lil liquid crab boil.The other w/ just worcesterchire. rubbed both w/ Fresh ground corriander seed and black pepper corns.

e43f8136_003.jpg

I didn't want the other racks on the MES to feel lonley so i seasoned up some chicken breast and 4 lbs of nice gulf shrimp .
0a16fb51_005.jpg

6b28132e_001.jpg

Smoked everything at 230 - 240 w/ pecan and just a touch of apple. Threw some cut up mandas on just for snacks and sammies. Heres a few pics of the finished products

f42d6594_002.jpg
67a41e9a_008.jpg

53e273e3_006.jpg
Hope you enjoyed looking as much as we did eating!!!

Reactions: Bearcarver
What kind of try do you have your corned beef on? Is it just a broiler pan?
that is the broiler pan i use to steam it.

I pulled it off the smoker and put it in the fridge overnight.

The picture you see is just after i opened the foil after a 3 hr steam.

That's what the white stuff is in the picture. ,steam. Here is the sliced pic.

949b0a17_010.jpg

Reactions: Bearcarver
It all looks awesome
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

554a4296_005.jpg

Mandas is a local commercial sausage that is fantastic!

The dark color stuff got tossed in the trash. was some stuff my wife bought that the second ingrediant in the list was cereal.

Last edited:
Wow that is awesome, I am really curious about how the shrimp turned out.Were they tender and did they acquire much of the smoke flavor?

Nice slicing job

Nice looking stuff Eman.  Makes me want to throw some briskeys in the brine.  What did you toss on the tails?

Eman, Wowzer, what a fabulous spread. 1 Question, what is a manda? Looks like you are handy cutting slices too
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif
The slicing comes from fileting so many fish that the electric knife becomes part of your hand.

Wow that is awesome, I am really curious about how the shrimp turned out.Were they tender and did they acquire much of the smoke flavor?

Nice slicing job
The shrimp did come out great . They do aquire a smokey flavor and i would recomend peeling them as soon as you can touch them as after they got cold the shells stuck just a bit.

Nice looking stuff Eman.  Makes me want to throw some briskeys in the brine.  What did you toss on the tails?
Melted a stick of butter in the pan, tossed the shrimp in a mixture of yoshidas, worstershire And LCB. Put them in the pan and tossed them in the butter.

Coated w/ Mrs Dash, CBP, onion powder and garlic pawder. Smoked till they looked done on the top rack of my MES40.

icon_cool.gif

Now Bob we have to talk. I have seen it before and there's agood change I asked you and Al how come and what for. The shrimp you smoked in the shells WHY. I have seen almost all cajuns frying, grilling, bbqing, now smoking. I have heard that it helps the shrimp to hold onto the flavors of the cooking. Now I have also seen folks of the southern Lousina fry and boil shrimp woth the heads on and I have asked that stupid question many times and is it because of the flavors that you get from the head like in crawfish. Now all your othewr food does look absulutely fabulous and I wish I could have ate some of it with you. Now I have resently received some corned beef and pastrami from Katz in New York City from my cousin. I have made my own corned beefs many times and I think that the recipe we have here taste better but the pastrami that they have is much better then the ones that I have made. I still working on mine thou. They have been the same since 1888.

PS. Al Bob put LCB in his eggs in the mourning.

Last edited:
Oh My God, Eman!

That all looks just freakin' AWESOME !!!

Needs a "Thumbs up" something awful!

That skinny guy aint got a chance!

Bear

Last edited:
Mark . The reason you smoke, grill, bbq, Pan sautee Shrimp w/ the shells on is it keeps them from drying out . Yes it adds flavor  but imho not enough to

worry about. I'd rather take my shrimp heads and shells and make a stock w/ them. The only thing i do w/ head on is boil

When i fry i never leave the shells on. Anything in a sauce has peeled shrimp ( to messy to peel)Shrimp are like humans , mostly water.

BTW,

I am having fried eggs , cat head biscuts , cheese grits and some smoked  mandas sausage for supper.

The eggs will have some lcb on them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky