Moroccan spiced lamb chops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Back in the kitchen for some fun after a busy couple of weeks. Moroccan spiced New Zealand lamb chops seared on a screaming hot Blackstone griddle, Morel and Gruyere cream sauce fauxtatoes done in the oven and a red wine and shallot reduction. Fauxtatoes are daikon based with the rich creamy morel and Gruyere sauce. Red wine reduction is made with Cabernet Sauvignon, water from the rehydration of the dried morels mixed with beef stock concentrate, shallots and savory herbs. This is one I’d do again. Didn’t really have time to capture in process pics.
B6314778-57A6-46D0-8CF9-E7D6F0179A37.jpeg

Nice presentation. How fast was the cast iron sear time, and what kind of internal did you wind up with?
I honestly did these by touch as opposed to temp. Most I’d estimate were done to 130 while a few around 140 to meet my wife’s preference for doneness. All were rested about 5 minutes. Time wise a couple minutes per side max I’d say. They were small thin chops cut from a frenched rack. The tenderness is unbelievable These from Sam’s Club are always fantastic!
7215CBCB-1280-4DCB-9CE2-C1EF08F1108D.jpeg

Reactions: thirdeye
Simply Scrumpdillyicious Jeff. Wonderful looking plate.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks great. Unfortunately, most of the ingredients are not available in my area. Downside of Country Livin'...JJ☺

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky