• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Moroccan spiced lamb chops

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Back in the kitchen for some fun after a busy couple of weeks. Moroccan spiced New Zealand lamb chops seared on a screaming hot Blackstone griddle, Morel and Gruyere cream sauce fauxtatoes done in the oven and a red wine and shallot reduction. Fauxtatoes are daikon based with the rich creamy morel and Gruyere sauce. Red wine reduction is made with Cabernet Sauvignon, water from the rehydration of the dried morels mixed with beef stock concentrate, shallots and savory herbs. This is one I’d do again. Didn’t really have time to capture in process pics.
B6314778-57A6-46D0-8CF9-E7D6F0179A37.jpeg

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 1, 2019
Nice presentation. How fast was the cast iron sear time, and what kind of internal did you wind up with?

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Nice presentation. How fast was the cast iron sear time, and what kind of internal did you wind up with?
I honestly did these by touch as opposed to temp. Most I’d estimate were done to 130 while a few around 140 to meet my wife’s preference for doneness. All were rested about 5 minutes. Time wise a couple minutes per side max I’d say. They were small thin chops cut from a frenched rack. The tenderness is unbelievable These from Sam’s Club are always fantastic!
7215CBCB-1280-4DCB-9CE2-C1EF08F1108D.jpeg

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Simply Scrumpdillyicious Jeff. Wonderful looking plate.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Gosh I just love lamb chops & yours look delicious!
Al

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Nice cook on that chop ! Never been a lamb fan . Maybe I've never had it cooked right . Yours sure looks good .

I honestly did these by touch as opposed to temp.
:emoji_thumbsup:. Best way in my opinion .

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Looks great. Unfortunately, most of the ingredients are not available in my area. Downside of Country Livin'...JJ☺

pushok2018

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 12, 2017
Lamb chops.... any lamb meat - probably my favorite. Great presentation and a beautiful plate! Like!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.