MISSISSIPPI POT ROAST MELT

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
great looking samich Sowsage, and I'd never have thought of french onion dip but I like the idea!

Travis that sandwich...well both of them, just look outstanding!! Great cook and a world-class presentation. Those pics will make your mouth water!!

Robert

Damn Travis thats a heck of a sandwich/melt. The French onion dip sounds like an interesting addition.

Like!

Amazing! Truly a work of delicious art! What is in the pot with the chuck? I see pepperoccinis, and a dry mix (ranch? french onion?) and is that a stick of butter?

Thanks for sharing, I am definitely trying this!

I've done about 7 of those roasts in the last 2 months. They are amazing. Did a couple for some friends and they loved them too. It's such a good recipe. Those sandwiches looked amazing. I've been throwing a sliced green pepper on my sear box and when its blistered and charred i take it off and dice it up and mix it with the shredded roasts when it's done.
your right its a great recipe ! I'll be doing more of these!
Love the flavors of Mississippi pot roast. Yours looks amazing and those Sammie pics are world class. Great job!!
jcam222 thank you!
View attachment 445967

Just... Wow! Love it! Bookmarked it.
thanks! If you try this let me know how you liked it!
great looking samich Sowsage, and I'd never have thought of french onion dip but I like the idea!
Thanks! The French onion dip is great for sandwiches. I like to use it with roast beef French dip subs too!
I’d eat that! Thumbs up!
Thanks Ishi!

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
Travis that sandwich...well both of them, just look outstanding!! Great cook and a world-class presentation. Those pics will make your mouth water!!

Robert
Thanks Robert ! My mouth was watering the whole time I was making it.
Damn Travis thats a heck of a sandwich/melt. The French onion dip sounds like an interesting addition.

Like!
Thanks xray ! The French onion dip makes a great condiment on just about any beef sandwich. I like using it on roast beef French dip sandwiches also.
Fine piece of work Travis and well deserving of the ride, Like! RAY
Thanks RAY!
Yup , nice work !
Thanks chopsaw!
Looks Awesome, Travis!!
Nice Job!
Like.
I'd like mine Like your Wife's "Open Faced" !!

Bear
Thanks Bear!
Looks phenomenal
Thanks smokin peachey!
Amazing! Truly a work of delicious art! What is in the pot with the chuck? I see pepperoccinis, and a dry mix (ranch? french onion?) and is that a stick of butter?

Thanks for sharing, I am definitely trying this!
Thanks pi guy! The stuff in the pot is the peppers, ranch packet, aujus packet and a stick of butter . thats it. And its amaizing! I would say minimum 2.5 lb roast when doing this. I mixed a little of the liquid back in to the pulled meat and it wast on the edge of beeing too salty. I honestly think I could have done two of those roasts with that amount of stuff and been just fine.

I use unsalted butter when I make them. Helped balance the salt
Good idea . I'll keep that in mind for the next one. I could see this recipe beeing too salty for some people.

wow love the pics beautiful pot roast before putting in pot what is in the third picture from top
man that Sammy looks so good , my mistake showing to my wife now she want me to make it
for my birthday dinner in a week gotta go to costco and find one or my butcher
love the pics

wow love the pics beautiful pot roast before putting in pot what is in the third picture from top
man that Sammy looks so good , my mistake showing to my wife now she want me to make it
for my birthday dinner in a week gotta go to costco and find one or my butcher
love the pics
The third pic is the pot roast into my dutch oven. Packet of ranch,packet of aujus , pepperoncini peppers and a stick of butter. That was after some smoke first. Put the lid on and back into the smoker. You can just do that step in a foil pan and cover with foil if you dont have one. You'll get the same results.
0516201702a.jpg

Anyone who wants to make this just get on YouTube and look at malcolm's youtube channel "howtobbqright" and look for the Mississippi po boy video.

Anyone who wants to make this just get on YouTube and look at malcolm's youtube channel "howtobbqright" and look for the Mississippi po boy video.
This is the recipe this is based off of. Just not a po boy .

Reactions: TNJAKE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky