MISSISSIPPI POT ROAST MELT

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Why get on YouTube to look up a recipe that sowsage explained in full and then in turn nailed?
Because people were asking what's in it. Sometimes it just helps to see how exactly it's made. If you dont want to do it then dont.

F Fishonshawn . Is right. I just looked back through the original thread and I failed to explain whats in it. I'll go back in and edit . I guess with so many posts of the Mississippi style roasts I assumed everyone knew what was in it. Not thinking of some cheking this out thats never heard of one.

Last edited:
Speaking of happy camper, we just got back from 5 days 4 nights of tent camping since things have opened up again and even though it rained for 4.5 of the 5 days we were as happy as that plate for the freedom! The some 150+ fish on line sure helped to!!!!!

Speaking of happy camper, we just got back from 5 days 4 nights of tent camping since things have opened up again and even though it rained for 4.5 of the 5 days we were as happy as that plate for the freedom! The some 150+ fish on line sure helped to!!!!!
Awesome! I can't wait to just get a weekend in the tent with my oldest(be 7 in july) I'm taking off Friday for an all day fishing trip.....he doesnt know yet..im just gonna wake him up about 6am and say..."get your pole and get in the truck" lol! Hes gonna be so excited!

The third pic is the pot roast into my dutch oven. Packet of ranch,packet of aujus , pepperoncini peppers and a stick of butter. That was after some smoke first. Put the lid on and back into the smoker. You can just do that step in a foil pan and cover with foil if you dont have one. You'll get the same results.
View attachment 446144
thanks for the info my wife will not let me go without making this for memorial day
she letting me keep my birthday dinner if i make this on memorial day.
love this post again thanks

Reactions: Sowsage
Great job Travis....and congrats on the ride!

Let me know how you and your son do fishing, crappie i presume?

John
Thanks John! Ryder and I did ok Friday fishing. Basket full of bluegill and crappie. Crappie are slowing down after the spawn but bluegill are just about in full swing. Lots of 9"-10" bluegill. Most of the bluegill we caught were bigger than the small crappie we were catching. Lots of crappie were thrown back in.

WOW!!! all the other great words of praise have been all used in the posts above......
You have given us all a wonderful idea and goal to hit........Thanks again, great job....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky