Maybe it's been done, but haven't seen in search

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

D.W.

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 13, 2018
A while back I posted some Armadillo eggs I made. They are so good, had to do them again today. This time though the wife suggested an easier method to fill the jalapeños with the cream cheese mix... pipette! - highly likely I'm behind the curve here.

20200714_132650.jpg

Fill the zip lock with your mix, cut the tip, then fill. Man this saved a ton of time instead of spooning it in and pushing down. Worked so well. Wellp, hopefully this helps someone out. Obligatory plate shot.

20200714_184122.jpg

20200714_172445.jpg

Last edited:
Looks delicious. I use the same method when stuffing most things
I don't bake at all where I think they are more common, and never had a need to use one for my cooking. But now I can see more of these in the future. :emoji_thumbsup:

Good thinking...I taught baking and one of my Daughters, decorated cakes professionally for awhile. Your use of Zip-Top Bags is cheap, fast and easy.
Hint...Spray the bag with PAM before filling. Your cheese will slide right out with less waste stuck to the bag...JJ

Looks like a great tool. Thanks for sharing

Reactions: D.W.
That is a method I haven't tried. But then again. I've never made Armadillo eggs before either. These look fantastic. And easy to do.

Looks great without doubt and I'm with Jake on this one. It also works really well for shooting the cheese mixture into large rigatoni noodles.

Robert
You seem to do a lot of pasta/italian :emoji_thumbsup: , that's my specialty - worked in an Italian restaurant for several years. I'll have to share some bbq inspired italian on here.

You seem to do a lot of pasta/italian :emoji_thumbsup: , that's my specialty - worked in an Italian restaurant for several years. I'll have to share some bbq inspired italian on here.

You are absolutely correct!! Italian is about my favorite theme of cooking. We both just love the stuff. Never had any prior experience working with it so I just make it up as I go and have been lucky to turn out a few tasty meals over several years of dialing it in. Please do showcase anything you might make. I'm always in love seeing new stuff and creative ideas. I have an idea for something I might make this evening that's an Italian themed fusion of several things I've seen and posted here.

Robert

Nice piece of work, I'm learning something new just about every day, Like! Congrats on the ride! RAY

Those armadillo eggs look good DW! I’m in the mood for a quick and easy smoke this weekend. Those and ABTs sure fit the bill, although I never made armadillo eggs before.

Congrats on the carousel ride.

I completely forgot about these. This would be perfect for Keto diet. Anyone ever try it with chorizo sausage? I plan to make some links this weekend and may have to save some to try on these.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky