Maybe it's been done, but haven't seen in search

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
D.W. D.W. Ok where do i find the recipe for this. My son and i like anything Jalapeno.
I have another thread that's a little more detailed, but don't know how to link it.

I was out of homemade sausage so I used Jimmy Dean regular pork sausage (came out fantastic, might be sticking with it for ease). 2lbs was perfect for 10 jalapeños. I cut the top off the peppers and scrape out the seeds and ribbing with a metal kabob skewer (there are probably easier ways). I like using cream cheese because I can season it, and it's more like a popper, but you can fill with whatever cheese - a lot of people do pepper jack. The cream cheese here was seasoned with granulated garlic, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and brown sugar - play with it however you want, I was thinking even some Frank's mixed in would be good. Point of this thread was the piping bag. Use this to fill the jalapeños. Then make patties with the sausage, wrap around the stuffed pepper, sprinkle with any pork rub, then smoke'em. I did these around 200 for a little over 2hrs, I just shoot for IT 165 on the sausage. Last but not least, wrapping them with bacon makes them even better, but best to par cook the bacon then wrap.

Reactions: JLeonard
I have another thread that's a little more detailed, but don't know how to link it.

I was out of homemade sausage so I used Jimmy Dean regular pork sausage (came out fantastic, might be sticking with it for ease). 2lbs was perfect for 10 jalapeños. I cut the top off the peppers and scrape out the seeds and ribbing with a metal kabob skewer (there are probably easier ways). I like using cream cheese because I can season it, and it's more like a popper, but you can fill with whatever cheese - a lot of people do pepper jack. The cream cheese here was seasoned with granulated garlic, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and brown sugar - play with it however you want, I was thinking even some Frank's mixed in would be good. Point of this thread was the piping bag. Use this to fill the jalapeños. Then make patties with the sausage, wrap around the stuffed pepper, sprinkle with any pork rub, then smoke'em. I did these around 200 for a little over 2hrs, I just shoot for IT 165 on the sausage. Last but not least, wrapping them with bacon makes them even better, but best to par cook the bacon then wrap.
You can open your thread. Copy the URL. Come back here and paste it as a message

Reactions: D.W.
Thanks for sharing the piping method, filling poppers with a spoon is sorta messy. But the zip bag looks a lot easier and neater. Also like the one post who said to use spray oil in the bag. Guess will be doing another batch of poppers. And my sister makes Manicotti and uses one of those pastry bags to fill them, will see if she has an extra or just use zip bags. But again thanks for that great idea.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky