MAKING AND SMOKING MOZZARELLA TODAY

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I also need to say that my RF did a fantastic job on the cold smoking. I flipped my charcoal basket upside down to set the AMNPS on opened my top and bottom dampers in the door and I couldn't ask for any better.

gary

I always throw in a few (few=dozen) peeled hard boiled eggs.

Your cheese will be tasty!

Dang, I should have done some eggs too

Gary

Hello Gary.  Looks great.  I would have thought making the cheese was more of a hassle.  Will have to come back and try this.  Moving house now.  Real pain and everything packed.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

I have gotta tell on myself, I saw the two packages of cheese in the opening pictures and assumed he was going to use them to make the new cheese or maybe give it flavor or color.

Yeah well I can go to school and get smarter..... you ain't gonna get your ugly cured !!

<Chuckles>

Great looking smoke Gary! Was not expecting to see cheese actually made and was quite impressed. May have to give that a try in the near future, thanks for the tutorial. Assuming you havent been able to try the cheese yet but cant wait to hear about it.

What kind of pellets did you use? I may have missed that info with all the great pics distracting.

Yup----Awesome Color, Gary!!!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

You're in for some fine tasting cheeses----Especially that home-made Mozz'!!!
drool.gif
drool.gif

Bear

Thanks, be hard waiting 2 -3 weeks,      Input please   How many weeks would be best ?  And when my sealer comes should I reseal the cheese ?

Gary

Thanks, be hard waiting 2 -3 weeks,      Input please   How many weeks would be best ?  And when my sealer comes should I reseal the cheese ?

Gary
The longer wait 3 weeks, as for the vac. leave it alone if it doesn't come apart.

Thank's  I'm learning

gary

Gary
Try some at 2 weeks---You won't eat it all. Then go for 3 weeks. I personally never noticed a difference between 2 & 3 weeks, but many swear they do.

I wouldn't bother rewrapping it when your vacuum packer gets there. LOL--Use it next time----It won't be long.

Bear

Thanks again, still on the learning curve here,   One thing about me I'm not bashful If I need help or have a question, I don't hesitate 

Gary

I'm waiting patiently    Well maybe not

gary

gary, how long did you smoke? what wood did you use?

how did you decide when to pull the cheese out?

the reason i'm asking is i'm smoking cheese tomorrow for the first time.

gary, how long did you smoke? what wood did you use?

how did you decide when to pull the cheese out?

the reason i'm asking is i'm smoking cheese tomorrow for the first time.
It was my first time too.    I smoked it for 3.5 hours, I ordered an AMNPS last week, got it in and smoked on Saturday

Used the Wine Barrel pellets

I had read 3 to 4 hours so I went in-between 

Wrapped and bagged and in the fridge waiting on 2 - 3 weeks

Hope this helps

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky