Made another pork belly.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jackattack71

Original poster
Oct 30, 2016
Indio, Ca
A lady friend said she'd swing by for dinner after work. So as not to disappoint, I seasoned up my fresh pork belly with salt, granulated garlic, fresh cracked pepper, and brown sugar.
Smoked it at 225 for an IT of 160. Pulled it and immediately threw honey on it and slid it under the broiler at 525 for 7 minutes. Now unfortunately I didn't get pics of what the glaze looked like after I pulled it from the broiler because....my hands were busy [emoji]128540[/emoji][emoji]128540[/emoji] but here's a pic straight out of the MES and then the left over slices. Mmmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmm. Delicious!!! And the pork was good too [emoji]128540[/emoji][emoji]128540[/emoji]

Did you brine your fresh pork belly before smoking?

What was approximate cooking time (3.5-4 hours?)

Thanks,

Al

When it comes to this type of belly, no I did not brine it. All I did was bring it to room temp, score, then season. The smoke took around 4 hours then I immediately drizzled the top with honey and threw it under the broiler for 5 mins

That looks delicious!  I love Crackling Pork, its only slightly less addictive than morphine.... and almost as big a killer. I can look at it and the chlorestral count doubles in my body and I dehydrate from all the drool. 

Below is a link to one I did. I still swear that this is what they were referring to as ambrosia for the gods! Its totally sinful its so good!

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/190014/pork-crackling-not-cracklins-foamheart

I bet your Lady friend was impressed. If she wasn't overly, then you better find another one.

Great looking meat!

That looks delicious!  I love Crackling Pork, its only slightly less addictive than morphine.... and almost as big a killer. I can look at it and the chlorestral count doubles in my body and I dehydrate from all the drool. 

Below is a link to one I did. I still swear that this is what they were referring to as ambrosia for the gods! Its totally sinful its so good!

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/190014/pork-crackling-not-cracklins-foamheart

I bet your Lady friend was impressed. If she wasn't overly, then you better find another one.

Great looking meat!

She's Mexican so her meats generally consists of carne asada, barbacoa, carnitas...all good meats. But this was her first dip into some pork belly and she absolutely loved it. Took some home to her daughter [emoji]128513[/emoji][emoji]128513[/emoji][emoji]128513[/emoji]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky