Looking for something new

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

emsee381

Original poster
Apr 1, 2010
I am trying to think of something new to smoke. I would like to cold smoke, but I am not set up for that. So far, I have smoked a lot of ribs, made my fair share of pulled pork, a decent amount of chicken, a few briskets, some smoked salmon, a few fatties, some stuffed peppers and a round of dino eggs. Oh yeah, and enough jerky to feed an army. I would like to try venison, but it is hard to get game here in Cincinnati. Matter of fact, so far, the best meat I have been able to find in this city is Sam's Club. Anybody have a good idea for something new?  

Have you done Moink Balls, Sausage, or Pork Shotz?

You may want to try some casserole dishes. Any recipe that you have that you would normally bake in the oven can be smoked instead. Mac & cheese, chili, pizza, and of course any fish, salmon is a favorite of ours. You say your not set up for cold smoking, but all you need is an AMNPS & a box. Then cheese, lox, bacon, sausage is an option.

Last edited:
I have done moink balls. I prefer to put a cube of pepper jack cheese in the middle of them. I have also smoked a couple of meatloafs. I like the idea of a cured turkey, that sounds good.  I have never even thought about a prime rib before, but that sounds like it could be awesome!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky