Heading To Paducah

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
My wife wants to go to Paducah to do some quilt shop snooping for fabrics. Since I have a good friend there I called and asked if they needed eggs...Sure if you have couple dozen.

Well yeah.

How about a flat?
IMG_4880.jpg

Noooooo way to many for the 2 of us.

Ok I will wash a few up.
IMG_4879.JPG

IMG_4881.jpg

Went to Paducah many moons ago at the behest of a guy I went to school with in Millington, TN. He said we could catch some kinda spoonbill catfish at the dam in Paducah. We burned some gas, drank some beer and didn't catch a darn thing. Folks were trying to snag the fish with big lead weighted treble hooks. Either way, eggs would have been a better reason to drive up that way.

There is a terrific Mexican restaurant just off exit #3, the first exit off I-24 coming from Illinois
I’ll see if I can find the name
El Torito on Cairo Rd

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
We used to do the BBQ On The River there but some pencil pusher messed it all up and now my friend who was raised there said it sux now.

Found it and edited prior post
El Torito on Cairo Rd.
Wife got a big bag of their chips and they stayed fresh from November to January.
After hours at Hancock fabrics I finally made it to Starnes for my yearly bbq sauce fix. 3 bottles.
IMG_4887.JPG

Met up with our good friends and ate here.

Yup good prepared hot food and seasoned good. The tamale was very good as was everyones meal and chips/salsa.

We will go back.

IMG_4888.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky