Last Day Buck (8 Point)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Last Day Buck (8 Point)

I heard a shot at about Noon on Saturday.
The shot came from the other side of the power line from both of our houses.
Then Bear Jr stopped at my house on his way to the Butcher shop, at about 2 PM.
I took a couple Pics before he left, so I figured I’d show you guys.

He said, “It’s not that big, but today was the last day of the season, so I took him”.

Bear Jr has been real busy with his Tower Business, so he didn't get out much at all this year.

He ended up at 129 pounds dressed, so he’ll give us a whole lot of Deerburger over the next year.

Thanks for stopping by,

Bear

http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/Bearcarver_2009007/IMG_0739.jpg.html

http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/Bearcarver_2009007/IMG_0738.jpg.html

Nice Buck  I see more Deer Burgers in the future

Gary

WooHoo! Looks great!

We almost struck out this year. My buddies daughter got a nice 5x6, so we'll be making snack sticks soon.

Nice shot.

Sorry i could only look for a min cuz the snow on the roof was making me freeze.  
laugh1.gif

Very nice for sure! Love me some fresh venison
Thanks Charlie!

I'm sure I'll a huge amount of Deerburger for my favorite Burgers!

Bear
WooHoo! Looks great!

We almost struck out this year. My buddies daughter got a nice 5x6, so we'll be making snack sticks soon.
Thanks Case!!

Was that a Mule Deer?

We don't have any Muleys around here so we never count one side at a time, like is done with Muleys.

Bear

Thanks Charlie!

I'm sure I'll a huge amount of Deerburger for my favorite Burgers!

Bear

Thanks Case!!

Was that a Mule Deer?

We don't have any Muleys around here so we never count one side at a time, like is done with Muleys.

Bear
Out West we have Whitetail and Mule deer but we don't count up all the points on either one and say it was a 9 pointer or whatever, we count each side and say it was a ?x? whether it's Whitetail, Mule deer or elk.

There's less then 50 pounds of meat in that Whitetail in the pic posted above by the time the head, hide, fat and other undesirable stuff is removed.

Last edited:

Very nice,, way better than my tag soup in the Deer section LOL 
Thanks DS !!

Bear

Nice shot.

Sorry i could only look for a min cuz the snow on the roof was making me freeze.  
laugh1.gif
Thanks Rick!

LOL---You been South too long!

Bear

Out West we have Whitetail and Mule deer but we don't count up all the points on either one and say it was a 9 pointer or whatever, we count each side and say it was a ?x? whether it's Whitetail, Mule deer or elk.

There's less then 50 pounds of meat in that Whitetail in the pic posted above by the time the head, hide, fat and other undesirable stuff is removed.
Thanks for the Point count info!

We figure about 60--65 lbs from a 130 pound dressed PA Buck.

Bear

Last edited:
Good Deal! Congrats. I saw 3 shooters in PA this year just couldn't get it done. The freezer is bear but I still have until the end of the year.

I see snack sticks, jerky, summers sausage and maybe some kielbasa in your future

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky