Last Day Buck (8 Point)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Good Deal! Congrats. I saw 3 shooters in PA this year just couldn't get it done. The freezer is bear but I still have until the end of the year.

I see snack sticks, jerky, summers sausage and maybe some kielbasa in your future
Thank You!

Bear
Congrats! Deer burgers sound very good!
Thank You!!

I love my Deerburgers!!

Bear

Nice young deer 

Richie
Thanks Richie!

Yeah, just going by the Rack, we figured about 1 1/2 years old.

Bear

that'll work for me..at least you got  some good venison. We have a couple hanging in our cooler right now too.
Always gotta have some Venison around.
icon14.gif

Bear

Yeah, Nice buck on the last day of the season. I just stopped by the forum to verify some info on your dried chipped venison thread 'cause I got 5 nice deer roasts in the smoker this am. Made snack sticks and PA dutch country sweet bologna last week end.

Biggest I got this year was a nice heavy 7 point in Maryland firearms season. Took a 6 in PA and Maryland archery during the rut. I have been blessed this year and the dried venison is the best thing I make thanks to your recipe. My snack sticks and bologna comes in a very close 2d though, so I will be making a lot more burger this year too.

I just can't grind up backstraps. If u were closer, I'd trade ya double. Lol.
I would definitely go with that trade!! The more Deer Burger the better!!

I like Butterflied Backstrap Steaks, but we definitely enjoy Beef Steaks more than Venison steaks.

However sometimes I make Smoke Venison Dried Beef from the Backstraps, which is just as good as Beef Dried Beef,

And when we mix our Ground Venison the way we do, we like that better than Straight Ground Beef.

That's why we do the things we do.

Bear

Yeah, Nice buck on the last day of the season. I just stopped by the forum to verify some info on your dried chipped venison thread 'cause I got 5 nice deer roasts in the smoker this am. Made snack sticks and PA dutch country sweet bologna last week end.

Biggest I got this year was a nice heavy 7 point in Maryland firearms season. Took a 6 in PA and Maryland archery during the rut. I have been blessed this year and the dried venison is the best thing I make thanks to your recipe. My snack sticks and bologna comes in a very close 2d though, so I will be making a lot more burger this year too.
Sounds Great Andy!!!

Nothing like some good PA Venison!!

Sounds like some of them are trying to escape through Maryland !!

Glad you like the Venison Dried Beef !!

Bear

Nice deer Bear, that there will make some tasty fixens for sure. 
icon14.gif
Thank You John!!

Yes it will.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky