Lady Liberty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
20181027_102353.jpg

Perfect Draft blower system with thermocouple probe was invaluable in maintaining the cooker temps. Money well spent because it takes a lot off my mind. Set it and forget it, just load wood as needed. Adjusting the flues to balance the heat and smoke flow will be an ongoing learning " the machine" characteristics along with wood choices.

Life in the mountains is Cooking, a good fire pit, home made Sangria and chickens running about. Neighbors brought all sorts of stuff from the poppers to cakes, cobbler, loaded tater salad, beans, and the Sangria. The only item off the smoker with no leftovers was smoked Mac n cheese. I did make a bunch of St. Louis style ribs, more than needed really with all the other food.

20181027_102256.jpg

Pinchos before. Never got an after picture. Pork tenderloin and bacon marinated in olive oil, fresh garlic, one packet of Sazon, Ras Al Hanout spice and a bit of lemon juice overnight. Smoked and served with fresh lemon wedges to squeeze the juice on them before eating them. Nice contrast in flavors.

Last pic before I get into trouble with moderators. Naan bread with pesto sauce "pizza", fresh mozzarella pearls, smoke chicken and bacon. Quartered for ease.
20181027_153530.jpg

Your more than welcome, and looking forward to helping again. You have an awesome piece of equipment there, Cant wait till you get your add ons completed. We had a great time for sure, great food, great company.
Cant thank BT enough for inviting us to join in.

Reactions: BigTurtle
The wife came across some Prosciutto on sale on day and thought it would work for Poppers....
Well havent used bacon since. smaller peppers/ grown at home, halved, garlic herb cream cheese,
wrap with Prosciutto, no toothpicks needed. Nice thin crisp and no grease.

Reactions: BigTurtle
I've been busy since the NC round up. Finally got the sinks and tanks installed. Hope y'all are well.
IMG_20190615_111923951_HDR.jpg

Reactions: weev
awesome! I had so much fun meeting everyone and lady liberty put out some great food! thanks for letting me grill on her!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky