Lady Liberty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BigTurtle

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 2, 2018
I'm an old hand at smoking meats but never to old to learn new techniques. I have purchased my retirement smoker. She was finished on 9-11-18 hence the name as She was born on the 17th Anniversary of 9-11. I had the hammers welded on for handles for personal reasons and as a reminder. Give a listen to Steve Earle's hammer song or Pete's Hammer. Anyway, 3 rack barn door, 4 rack rib smoker, insulated fire box, 36 inch Grill up front. I'll post more as I finish the other things I'll add to her.
output.jpg

In the "box" to the right side of the wood storage area will be sinks for wash, rinse, sanitize and separate hand wash. Water supply tank and gray water tank and pump underneath.
20180825_103220.jpg

There will be a propane Insta hot tankless water heater and up front a Bayou Classic style burner for chili or deep frying pot or........

L.L. is strictly a stick burner smoker, grill. No propane assist for wood starting or temp maintaining.

Bayou burner not on board in this picture but tank holding strap is.
Sink.jpg

Nice looking unit. Have fun using it and don't forget to show us pics of it in action.

Chris

I paid someone else to build it. I'm the wood fire, smoke and meat guy.

20180908_164007.jpg

Tender mesquite smoked brisket with just enough bite resistance.

Sorry that I committed the offense of posting this in the wrong section.

Tomorrow I will go pick up Lady Liberty. I am beside myself with happiness. I love to cook. I was robbed of my successful brick and mortar BBQ joint by an ex and a bitter divorce but I am stronger. I am good at what I do but the good folks in these pages are very insightful and informative. This is quite a bit of personal stuff but important to me and I'll only include it once. I lost my younger brother to colon cancer in June so I implore you to get your testing done. We, he and I, have labored our lives away because that's what we were raised to do. Not at what we loved but at what pays the bills. Food is my passion. Pleasing others is rewarding. You folks feel the same way I'm sure from reading your posts. Steve Earle has a song about "Laying the Hammer Down" and my brother never got to do that. So my door "handles" are in remembrance of his hard work ( and mine). A labor of love is not labor at all. Thx for allowing me into these pages and for listening. Enlarge the pic and you will see the hammers welded to the doors for handles.

Attachments

• output.jpg
    output.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky