Kippered Beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Those look fantastic
Thanks buck . The Kippered part comes from salting and drying whole herring I think . Same " method " applied to beef sliced thicker with the grain . A little different than jerky . Try it with the eye sliced with the grain . I just broke down a beef knuckle yesterday . Might be time for a new batch . If you make some post it up .
Like said any lean cut , but should be sliced with the grain .

Oh yeah im un thawing meat now! I buy those at gas station all the time with a sixer!!
Cool . So you got the idea . Like I said mine wasn't as tender as those from the store , but it was really good .
Been a long time since a " sixer " was enough for me .
Take some pics as you go .

Cool . So you got the idea . Like I said mine wasn't as tender as those from the store , but it was really good .
Been a long time since a " sixer " was enough for me .
Take some pics as you go .
Well now days im just getting started with six, its the holidays ya know, time to cook eat and drink

So im gonna cut and refrigerate meat today and was wondering if i should refrigerate meat for 6 days with the liquid smoke? And if so whats a good ballpark of liquid smoke per pound?

I use liquid smoke from time to time , but in small amounts . I put it in for the whole cure time when I do use it . I have to say I never measure it , just splash some in . Maybe 1/4 tsp per lb . in my case . Just don't over do it .
I used 6 days . 3 or 4 with the meat cut in strips will work too .

Reactions: bigbuck
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky