• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Jumbo Joe meets Tomahawk Steak

garvinque

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 23, 2015
Cooked my first ever Tomahawk Steak on my Jumbo Joe, Used reversed sear method using only lump charcoal nothing else! Here's a few before and after shots from my phone, picture with steak cut is Med rare.

Thought they were in order sorry about that! lol  Need to add that I used this set-up but this photo is from a previous smoke didn't take pictures of smoker while doing the steak.

Last edited:

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
Joined Aug 3, 2015
Is this the same thread I just gave you a point for or did you start a second?

Anyway....is that a Cajun bandit? How did you use it? I'm thinking about getting one for rotisserie, but wasn't sure if I'd have to take off for steaks? Thank you!

garvinque

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 23, 2015
Didn't think the one in Beef posted, and since I used the joe posted in charcoal section. Sorry about confusion and yes that's the 18.5 stacker that works for both Jumbo Joe and WSM. I took off the stacker when I pulled steak to rise temp on grill for sear.

Thanks' for the point!

Let the Fire do the Work!

Last edited:

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Both threads posted

Looks great

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Nice job on the steak!

It looks delicious!

Al

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Stunning steak!

Disco

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.