Jerky W/QVIEW

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
 Great job Blue on that jerky! Last time I tried making jerky I about cut my finger off... Couldn't wait for the meat to thaw a little. Plus don't try cutting frozen meat while your half lit. LOL! I'll have to give it another shot (sober this time)... Take Care, Smokin - K

Great job Blue on that jerky! Last time I tried making jerky I about cut my finger off... Couldn't wait for the meat to thaw a little. Plus don't try cutting frozen meat while your half lit. LOL! I'll have to give it another shot (sober this time)... Take Care, Smokin - K
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH< Thanks!  I always get mu butcher to slice up a couple of top round roasts for me then no chance of taking off a finger.  Then I can enjoy as many beers as I like!

I could have sworn that i messaged you my address ........LOL

Looks-Great.gif

drool.gif

I been checking my mail box daily. Guess the mail lady got hungry.

Nice jerky BBf

I was volunteered to make jerky for 80 soldiers in Afganistan by Christmas This is going to be an honororable smoke to say the least. I use what is called Rouladen cut of beef, about 1/4"thick and I cut it into strips. I told them to get 40 lbs of beef, thinking with shrinkage i would lose 25% Am I right on my thinking?????

i generally use around 55-60% of my meat weight when i do mine. i smoke for a couple hours for flavor then into the dehydrator for about 7 hours. when you suck out all that moisture you lose alot of weight.

I was volunteered to make jerky for 80 soldiers in Afganistan by Christmas This is going to be an honororable smoke to say the least. I use what is called Rouladen cut of beef, about 1/4"thick and I cut it into strips. I told them to get 40 lbs of beef, thinking with shrinkage i would lose 25% Am I right on my thinking?????
My last three batches I lost between 42 and 44%

Do you still put jerky seasoning on the meat when you make jerky via a smoker? Or is it just personal preference?

I marinate overnight then get pretty dried off and season with smoked pepper or crushed red pepper. I like my jerky sweet & spicy..

5cloves garlic crushed

2 TBL granulated onion

1 TBL crushed red pepper

1 TBL cracked black pepper

2/3 cup brown sugar

2/3 cup soy sauce

1/2 cup teriyaki sauce

1/4 cup worcestershire

1/4 cup pineapple juice concentrate

1/3 cup balsamic vinegar

1 TBL liquid smoke or to taste

! use this for about 10-15# top round or london broil

This is my secret recipe, don't tell anyone..:)

great job, i love the hanging method. the first few times i made jerkey i had always layed in on the racks. the fat that did render stayed on top and kind of pooled making the jerkey feel and taste greasy. i started to do the hanging method and had much better results.

looks great!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky