Jalapeño cheddar sourdough discard bagels

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 16, 2007
Sourdough discard needed to be used up. Wife and I mixed then proofed 1.5 hrs. she formed and boiled 30 seconds per side.
Topped with cheddar cheese and fresh jalapeño slices. Then baked.
IMG_6873.jpeg
IMG_6875.jpeg

Very nice, That would be a great snack between every meal, or just the meal.

David
We made up some cream cheese mix and she is taking them to her office. Lucky peeps.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Great looking bagels and loaf....I need to pull out my bread making stuff.

Jim
Thanks. You should bust it out. She is really enjoying it. Kind of drug me in also. Haha

Reactions: JLeonard
Dang both those look very tasty! I can see some cream cheese and smoked salmon on them!
Oh yeah. The cream cheese was the first thing I thought. I was eyeballing the salmon fillets too lol. Thank you.

Looks awsome! My wife is the baker of the family, Im going to have to talk her into bagels!
I have a freezer full of salmon to smoke, and just made another batch of salmon dip, now just need bagels!

Reactions: flatbroke
Looks awsome! My wife is the baker of the family, Im going to have to talk her into bagels!
I have a freezer full of salmon to smoke, and just made another batch of salmon dip, now just need bagels!
That’s awesome. You definitely need her on board.

Reactions: smokin peachey
Nice bagels and loaf! how much cheese and jalapeño did you add to the loaf? I need to make some of that! TIA!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky