Italian Sausage ABT's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
I was assigned to bring an appetizer to a pot luck dinner. I had some home made Italian sausage and thought the sweet/spicy taste of the sausage would go great with cream cheese in an ABT.

I squeezed the filling out of two Italian sausages.

I browned it up.

I set it aside to cool and cut 8 jalapenos in half and removed the membranes.

I creamed 125 ml (1/2 cup) cream cheese and mixed in the sausage.

I stuffed the jalapenos with the mixture and wrapped each 1/2 in a half slice of bacon.

I smoked it at 250 F for 1 1/2 hours.

The Verdict

These are great! The Italian sausage sweet taste goes so well with the cheese and salty bacon!

Disco

That looks amazing as always.

Been way to long since I have made any.

Thanks, the only mistake I made was not making enough!

Disco

Looks great Disco, and as soon as I started reading your post and got to 8 peppers I knew you were in trouble...
Thanks for the idea, I'll be borrowing it.

Nice job Disco!

They look delicious!

Hot Italian sausage ABT's are a regular around here!

Al
Thanks, Al! So why didn't you tell me about the combination before? Tsk.
Nice looking ABT's Disco!
Thanks, Case!

Great looking food as usual by one of the masters. Yup needed more mail order to be placed or would you prefer UPS?

Warren
Thanks, Warren! I don't know about master but I do like to eat. Does that count? Sadly, when I try and send cooked bacon it ruins the wrapping!

Looks great Disco, and as soon as I started reading your post and got to 8 peppers I knew you were in trouble...
Thanks for the idea, I'll be borrowing it.
Thanks, Dan. My friends and I are all seniors and don't eat as much any more but I should have known these would be popular.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky