• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Perfect Meal For a Cold Rainy Sunday Night…

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Compulsive Smoker

Smoking Fanatic
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined
Jul 17, 2026
Messages
808
Reaction score
844
Location
Mohnton PA
We had a cold rainy Sunday, so I decided it was the perfect opportunity to try @indaswamp ’s Keto Mushroom Bacon Cheeseburger Soup!

I made a few modifications that made it non Keto, but mostly followed his recipe…thank you @indaswamp for posting it! I only did half a recipe…

I started by cutting up and frying 8 strips of regular cut bacon.
IMG_1910.jpeg

Then I scooped out the bacon onto a plate with paper towel and dumped all the bacon fat out…
IMG_1911.jpeg

I added about a 3/4 tablespoon of bacon fat back in and fried the onions…
IMG_1914.jpeg

Fried the onions for 3-4 mins and then added ground beef…
IMG_1916.jpeg

Browned the beef on both sides …
IMG_1918.jpeg

Then added peppers…
IMG_1920.jpeg

Once the peppers were soft I added the Cajun seasoning and garlic powder…
IMG_1921.jpeg

Added heavy cream and cream cheese and about half the bacon crumbles…
IMG_1925.jpeg

Added the beef stock and some corn I had in the freezer… (this makes it non keto)
IMG_1928.jpeg

Thickened it with about a 1/4 cup of flour mixed with water (this also makes it non keto) and added the cheese…
IMG_1929.jpeg

All done…
IMG_1930.jpeg

And the plate shot with a piece of 3 cheese Texas Toast…(store bought)
IMG_1931.jpeg

As always, thanks for looking!

God bless…

-Mike
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1909.jpeg
    IMG_1909.jpeg
    993.1 KB · Views: 0
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Back
Top
Clicky