• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Keto Mushroom Bacon Cheeseburger Soup

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Moderator
OTBS Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2017
Messages
18,223
Reaction score
18,288
Location
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Friend of mine gave this recipe to me. I added mushrooms.

1# ground beef
12 slices of thick cut bacon cooked then sliced into crumbles
1 tbsp. bacon fat
1 X-lg. red onion med. dice
1 red or orange bell pepper med. dice
2# baby bella mushrooms sliced
1 block cream cheese
1 cup heavy cream
1 qt. beef stock
Garlic powder to taste
Cajun seasoning to taste
1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp. Crystals Hot Sauce
1# mild cheddar cheese shredded

Fry bacon strips in a pan. remove and let cool on a cutting board. Add 1 tbsp. of the bacon grease to a 2 gallon pot. saute red onion about 8-10 minutes. Add beef and brown. Add bell peppers and stir. let the liquid release to deglaze the pot. Add mushrooms and cook through, stirring pot to allow the liquid to deglaze pot. add cajun seasoning and garlic powder. reduce heat to med. and add heavy cream and cream cheese. mix until cream cheese is smooth. Add hot sauce and Wooster sauce. Add beef stock, stir and let come to a simmer. Reduce heat to med. low and simmer 10 minutes. Add 1/2 of the bacon crumbles and 3/4# of the cheddar cheese. Stir in so cheese melts. Serve.....with extra cheese and bacon crumbles in the bowl.

IMG_20261001_213216349.jpg

IMG_20261001_213221922.jpg
 
I'll catch hell for this, but a block of ye olde Velveeta might be mighty tasty in place of the cream cheese.
Sure would....but I have cut dang near all seed oils out of my diet. It is not 100% though because I know some get snuck into my diet in ways I don't know. Especially if I eat out at a restaurant for a special occasion with family. So Velveeta is out for me.
 
That does not look terrible in any way.

I think I'm gonna have to try it.

Thanks for sharing!

Bill
It is good. You can double the ground beef no problem. This is one of those soups where you can wing it the way you like it...

I’m not a huge soup fan in general, but I think I’m gonna have to try this one!
Let me know how you like it...
 
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top
Clicky