I feel a revival coming, ordered more toys lastnight!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

forluvofsmoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 27, 2008
Well, they're not toys, specifically, but, I still feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve again! I get a quarterly gift card from my employer for wally-world/sam's club. I had my wish list ready a few weeks ago and put in an order lastnight.

All items except for one are directly related to cooking. I'm hoping this will help me get out of the rut I've been in since the forum crashed. Anyway, here's the excerpts from the email I opened this morning (I had to delete the pics so it would post):

Smith's Interrupted Surface Diamond Sharpening Steel
Should arrive for pickup between Thursday, 02/26/09, and Wednesday, 03/04/09. 1 $14.97

H BURNER SS
Should arrive for pickup between Thursday, 02/26/09, and Thursday, 03/05/09. 1 $27.00

Electric Ignitor Kit
Should arrive for pickup between Thursday, 02/26/09, and Wednesday, 03/04/09. 1 $17.96

Beef Jerky Works
Should arrive for pickup between Thursday, 02/26/09, and Wednesday, 03/04/09. 1 $13.48

Springfield Digital Indoor Thermometer with Hygrometer
Should arrive for pickup between Thursday, 02/26/09, and Thursday, 03/05/09. 1 $6.47

Brinkmann 3 Watt LED 2D Aluminum Flashlight
Will arrive between Friday, 02/20/09, and Wednesday, 02/26/09. 1 $19.96

King Kooker Chrome Rib and Potato Rack
Will arrive between Friday, 02/20/09, and Thursday, 02/26/09. 4 $6.00

King Kooker Beverage Can Marinate Rack
Will arrive between Friday, 02/20/09, and Thursday, 02/26/09. 4 $5.00

The SS burner and Igniter are for my old Brinkmann gas grill. She needs a tune-up, and a paint job...maybe I'll get her some new tires and brakes too, while I'm at it! Heh-heh.

The last two items will probably prove invaluable this spring. I was volunteered to do a Bbq for my oldest boy's & neighbors daughter's high school graduations in May. April said that her relatives really love Bbq chicken, so, I'll be ready for that. Oh, she ate some of my new chicken leg recipe a few days ago, and said her family would love it (she did too). Dang, I never got around to posting that yet. I'll do that in a few minutes. And, who doesn't like a good rib? I should have enough rib-racks for up to 12 slabs!!!!!

Happy spring Bbqing to me!!! LOL!!!

Eric

On Edit: Oops...didn't get pics of the chicken legs, so I guess it didn't happen! LOL!

Gotta Love getting new Toys. Congrats .

Will do. The rib rack discription didn't give specs on the exact number of slabs it will hold, it looked like 3, not sure though. The beer can chicken holders and rib racks were a steal @ 5 & 6 bucks, so why not?

The digital therm/hygrometer is for dry-curing meats, whenever I get around to puting a meat refer together.

I'll definately put it all to use.

Eric

Congrats! Some guys have all the luck.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta nasty itch to use 'em and I won't even have all a 'em fer 2 weeks!!!!!!

DANG!!! LOL!!!

I gotta have some fun now n then!

Eric

Wow...Nice haul!
biggrin.gif

I thought it would be a good idea to share this as well, in case someone is wondering what these are like and maybe is thinking about buying.

Not bad, not bad...the rib racks are a 7-wire seperator, so they'll only hold 3 with a space between them, but I can do up to 12 slabs now on one smoker. I'll most likely only get 6 on the SNP going cross-ways, but front-to-back might work if I can get even temps. Cool, eh? They have 4 spikes on one side and 3 on the other for taters, corn or?

Got 4 of these bad boys:

And 4 of the Beer-butt Chichen Racks:

Other than the Brinkmann 2-D LED flashlight (a good mate to my 6-D Maglight, I have 12 NiMh Batteries), all other items will be picked up at a nearby store in a week or so.

Hmmm...2 slabs of BB in the freezer...if I weren't thawing 2 butts and a chuckie for the AM...barring some sort of natural disaster, I'm thinking BBs next days off?

Yep, I do feel like a little kid again!!! LOL!!!

Eric

Mmmmm toys. I just bought a maverick thermometer with remote and am looking forward to trying it!
wink.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky