Hotter brisket...300....butcher paper...first time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jlud

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 16, 2019
so picked up some Myron mixon hickory pellets as Lumberjack hard to find around me. Anyways, best smelling pellets I have used but didn’t notice much smoke flavor. Small packet about 10 pounds, trimmed off quite a bit of the point as I don’t like the super fatty stuff.

Rubbed with Mixon hickory rub. I went about 185 for first 1.5 hours then up to 300. Wrapped around 160 with butcher paper. Kept at 300 until it was tender around 203.

I thought was good last night when initially eating, but reheated some today and damned if it didn’t taste fantastic. I keep searching for some holy grail, but if I’m honest it was probably my best one. I think it took around 9 hours at 300, but better than 12 or so and again likely better than others that cooked longer.

Attachments

• FD7BA00F-B2DE-422E-95F2-568AAB1A76E7.jpeg
    FD7BA00F-B2DE-422E-95F2-568AAB1A76E7.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 48B01A8C-5B18-40F5-A53C-654DC40D9986.jpeg
    48B01A8C-5B18-40F5-A53C-654DC40D9986.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 68
Great job!
Yeah smoked food is better the next day just like spaghetti sauce, lasagna, and chili :)

If the supreme being of your choice didn't want us to eat leftovers, he would not have made them taste so good the next day.
But seriously, I believe sometimes the work that goes into a big cook can prevent you from enjoying a meal as much as one that is all done and just needs to be re heated. Sit, relax, and enjoy.....

I have found that a lot, whatever you smoked tastes better the next day or the day after. It does look good.

Racat
i often eat it cold, in a sandwich. depending how dry it is i might heat in a pot with broth.

I did eat some cold and I just popped some in the microwave for 20 seconds just for speed. I have a toaster oven with reheat settings that works better just takes longer.

Good both days just different. Expectations were highest off the smoker that night... lower the next day.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky