• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hope Y'all are Happy Now

dwags55

Joined Dec 29, 2010
Hope Y'all are happy now I haven't had my first 40" MES 4 weeks & now because I don't want to bring that bad boy camping with us I had to get a Little Chief electric smoker I know y'all are thinking what is it with this newbie & electric smokers well just starting out is that it's easy for me & I still have a lot to learn about working with charcoal & wood for the heat so I thought it's better to have something slow cooked then nothing at all

arnie

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 20, 2010
Hi. My name is Arnie and I'm a smoker

I'm glad to see dwags55 here today

lookwow

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 3, 2011
lol it really is true. Sometimes i find myself trying to think up reasons why i could smoke something. There are just not enough parties going on and honestly getting a smoker for chirstmas sucks. All the holidays are done.

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
My name is Craig and I am a smoker.

I got something smoking right now.

And I am happy!!

Craig

les3176

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 10, 2009
Yeah, ya know its bad when you lie in bed and can't sleep cause your thinking of differant spices for your rub and/or sauces!!!! I think i need to talk to someone about my addiction!!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Were a crazy bunch aren't we!!   

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
Were a crazy bunch aren't we!!   
I'm not crazy............ everyone draws up a sausage kitchen in there house..... dont they..............

caveman

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 5, 2010

And I am happy!!

Craig
Hello Arnie & Craig.  My name is Anthony & I am a smoker too.  I am getting my 1 year smoking chip next month.  Woo-Hoo!!  (Isn't corruption so wonderful?)

smokeamotive

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 1, 2009

And I am happy!!

Craig
Hello Arnie & Craig.  My name is Anthony & I am a smoker too.  I am getting my 1 year smoking chip next month.  Woo-Hoo!!  (Isn't corruption so wonderful?)
Hello everyone. My name is Bruce and I am glad to see so many people with the same addiction!!!

smokey mo

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 18, 2009
Hello Arnie, Craig,and Anthony my name is Rick.. I am a chain smoker. I know you ask yourselves why would I smoke a chain...its for the iron. 

My wife now sees that I am not the only one with this "issue".  Thanks for being here for me.

jjwdiver

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 5, 2010
"Oh my God - there is a whole forum for smoked stuff filled with freaks like you!"

that is the exact quote from a friend when I was back in MN with my stuff - I just smiled, said  we are all freaks in our own way, handed her some more pulled pork - she smiled back!

NASCAR had an ad campaign with the slogan "How bad have you got it?"

well, I got it bad but not as much a some folks...just barely enough in my opinion!

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
"Oh my God - there is a whole forum for smoked stuff filled with freaks like you!"

that is the exact quote from a friend when I was back in MN with my stuff - I just smiled, said  we are all freaks in our own way, handed her some more pulled pork - she smiled back!

NASCAR had an ad campaign with the slogan "How bad have you got it?"

well, I got it bad but not as much a some folks...just barely enough in my opinion!
US? Freaks??? 
  I say anybody that doesn't like to smoke meats or enjoy QUALITY BBQ are the ones who are the freaks!

ak1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 23, 2010
Huh!!!!! You mean there's other ways of cooking besides smoking?

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 28, 2005
Hope Y'all are happy now I haven't had my first 40" MES 4 weeks & now because I don't want to bring that bad boy camping with us I had to get a Little Chief electric smoker I know y'all are thinking what is it with this newbie & electric smokers well just starting out is that it's easy for me & I still have a lot to learn about working with charcoal & wood for the heat so I thought it's better to have something slow cooked then nothing at all

Yes.. you are addicted bad and there is no cure for this disease. Just learn to live with the constant need to smell smoke. My wife catches me all the time with my head inside my smoker

No problem with electric.. it's all about the smoke. If you are using electric, just make sure you have plenty of thin blue smoke flowing.  Your heat source is not the most important thing.

I tend to prefer charcoal/wood but I regularly use electric and propane and it's all good

smoke 2 geaux

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 18, 2010
I started with a $40 ECB, and next thing you know a freight truck was pulling up to my house with a 800 lb fire breather.  Start saving your money now. 

arnie

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 20, 2010
I started with a $40 ECB, and next thing you know a freight truck was pulling up to my house with a 800 lb fire breather.  Start saving your money now. 

Me too! Now if we were talking about boats that would be called twofootiddas. Not sure what you call it when its smokers

rp ribking

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 29, 2009
I will confess that all I can think about is smokin' somthin' to eat. When somebody at work is talkin' to me about what I am smokin' this weekend, I say what would you like to have, they tell me and I smoke it for them. 

I am Proud to say that I am an Addicted Smoker.

RP

les3176

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 10, 2009
Just had another thought... Well my wife did! She said not only am i addicted to smoking,but i am addicted to SMF forums as well!!!!....I had nothing...guess she's right again..damn!!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.