HighTemp Spatchy and crispy sliced taters

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Cranked up the Mini-WSM with 365 Lump, cherry wood. I took out the clay diffuser and poured on the heat

Look at that nice TBS!!!

Seasoned with chipotle powder, garlic, Smoked Serrano Salt, and CBP.

Golden brown Crispy skin delight!

Devil Bird!!!

Slice the taters about 3/4 of the way through. Coat inside and out with EVOO, Smoked Serrano Salt, CBP.

Onto the gasser @ 450* for 45mins-one hour.

Crispy skin taters!!

Dripping goodness!!!

Enjoy!!!!

very nice DS!! VERY NICE!!!...one heck of a meal you got urself there. if my computer at work ever lets me upoad photos id be able to show everyone my first spatched bird...lol..but thats for another thread. thanks for sharing. :)

very nice DS!! VERY NICE!!!...one heck of a meal you got urself there. if my computer at work ever lets me upoad photos id be able to show everyone my first spatched bird...lol..but thats for another thread. thanks for sharing. :)
Thanks TB!! It was super tasty!
Neat idea with the potatoes! Oh yea, and the chicken looks fantastic!
Thanks BT74. The sliced taters makes for a fun presentation on the plate.

That's a nice Chx.  Made a fantastic $20 on my Garage Sale
confused.gif
. Guess my next Q will be Chicken... it's all good though.
drool.gif
 AS does your Plate shot. Like the Shingled Potatoes , and a great looking Salad. Sliced Chix was nice and juicy looking. Kudos

Stan

That's a nice Chx.  Made a fantastic $20 on my Garage Sale
confused.gif
. Guess my next Q will be Chicken... it's all good though.
drool.gif
 AS does your Plate shot. Like the Shingled Potatoes , and a great looking Salad. Sliced Chix was nice and juicy looking. Kudos

Stan
Thanks Stan! Nothing wrong with a good smoked chicken! We're on the poultry and pork butt budget right now! Thankfully we have several Tri TIps in the freezer so we can have a little beef too!

Thanks Stan! Nothing wrong with a good smoked chicken! We're on the poultry and pork butt budget right now! Thankfully we have several Tri TIps in the freezer so we can have a little beef too!
ill smoke to that budget..lol..my freezer now, with these furloughs happening my freezer will and does consist of random chicken cuts, as well as whole birds. and pork butts cut up into CSR's, as well as whole butts too. with upcoming financial hardships, i couldnt pass up the sale on butts at $0.99/lb. daddy stocked up. and a few chuck eyes roaming around in there somewhere, with bacon and venison. oh what a life...lol.

ill smoke to that budget..lol..my freezer now, with these furloughs happening my freezer will and does consist of random chicken cuts, as well as whole birds. and pork butts cut up into CSR's, as well as whole butts too. with upcoming financial hardships, i couldnt pass up the sale on butts at $0.99/lb. daddy stocked up. and a few chuck eyes roaming around in there somewhere, with bacon and venison. oh what a life...lol.
I wish we'd get $0.99/lb butts here! Best I have ever seen is $1.29. Picked up a couple picnics the other day for $1.28/lb.

I am going to start eating at your house!  Everyday is an adventure!

Giggled when I read the devil bird...thought the same before I read what you said!  LOL

Kat

I am going to start eating at your house!  Everyday is an adventure!

Giggled when I read the devil bird...thought the same before I read what you said!  LOL

Kat

Stop on in anytime!! Next couple days are going to be leftover creations!!!

Yeah when I brought the chicken in I knew I had to snap a pick of the two horns!

I took the left over chicken and chopped it up, sauced it and served it on some buns last night. Fantastic chicken sandwiches!

OMG !!!

That closeup of the sliced Chicken with the skin on is just Totally Over-The-Top!!!

I'm not a big chicken eater, but I'd be All Over That like you wouldn't believe!!!

Taters gotta be awesome too!!!

Thanks for Posting,

Bear

OMG !!!

That closeup of the sliced Chicken with the skin on is just Totally Over-The-Top!!!

I'm not a big chicken eater, but I'd be All Over That like you wouldn't believe!!!

Taters gotta be awesome too!!!

Thanks for Posting,

Bear
Thanks Bear! We eat chicken at least once a week, and tis week including leftovers it'll be 3 times! I prefer beef, but the fiancee prefers chicken. The taters are really good. Crispy skin creamy interior, Yumm!

any chicken i ever have leftover i turn it into smoked chicken salad sammys or just regular sandwiches with cheese and hot bbq sauce..lol.
The chopped chicken makes a good wrap too! Would have done that, but we had left over buns from our bbq and no wraps!

Very nice, Sailor!  Everything looks and sounds delicious!  I like the tater idea, gotta add those to my 'to do' list.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky