HighTemp Spatchy and crispy sliced taters

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by dirtsailor2003, Jun 24, 2013.

1. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Cranked up the Mini-WSM with 365 Lump, cherry wood. I took out the clay diffuser and poured on the heat

Look at that nice TBS!!!

Seasoned with chipotle powder, garlic, Smoked Serrano Salt, and CBP.

Golden brown Crispy skin delight!

Devil Bird!!!

Slice the taters about 3/4 of the way through. Coat inside and out with EVOO, Smoked Serrano Salt, CBP.

Onto the gasser @ 450* for 45mins-one hour.

Crispy skin taters!!

Dripping goodness!!!

Enjoy!!!!

2. bigtrain74

bigtrain74 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Neat idea with the potatoes! Oh yea, and the chicken looks fantastic!

3. very nice DS!! VERY NICE!!!...one heck of a meal you got urself there. if my computer at work ever lets me upoad photos id be able to show everyone my first spatched bird...lol..but thats for another thread. thanks for sharing. :)

4. dirtsailor2003

Thanks TB!! It was super tasty!
    Thanks BT74. The sliced taters makes for a fun presentation on the plate.

5. dirtsailor2003

Almost forgot our no waste policy! Cooking down the back bone and the remainders for Stock!

6. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

That's a nice Chx.  Made a fantastic $20 on my Garage Sale [​IMG]. Guess my next Q will be Chicken... it's all good though.[​IMG]  AS does your Plate shot. Like the Shingled Potatoes , and a great looking Salad. Sliced Chix was nice and juicy looking. Kudos

Stan

7. dirtsailor2003

Thanks Stan! Nothing wrong with a good smoked chicken! We're on the poultry and pork butt budget right now! Thankfully we have several Tri TIps in the freezer so we can have a little beef too!

8. ill smoke to that budget..lol..my freezer now, with these furloughs happening my freezer will and does consist of random chicken cuts, as well as whole birds. and pork butts cut up into CSR's, as well as whole butts too. with upcoming financial hardships, i couldnt pass up the sale on butts at $0.99/lb. daddy stocked up. and a few chuck eyes roaming around in there somewhere, with bacon and venison. oh what a life...lol.

9. dirtsailor2003

I wish we'd get $0.99/lb butts here! Best I have ever seen is $1.29. Picked up a couple picnics the other day for $1.28/lb.

10. kathrynn

kathrynn Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I am going to start eating at your house!  Everyday is an adventure!

Giggled when I read the devil bird...thought the same before I read what you said!  LOL

Kat

11. dirtsailor2003

Stop on in anytime!! Next couple days are going to be leftover creations!!!

Yeah when I brought the chicken in I knew I had to snap a pick of the two horns!

12. dirtsailor2003

I took the left over chicken and chopped it up, sauced it and served it on some buns last night. Fantastic chicken sandwiches!

13. any chicken i ever have leftover i turn it into smoked chicken salad sammys or just regular sandwiches with cheese and hot bbq sauce..lol.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  14. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

OMG !!!

That closeup of the sliced Chicken with the skin on is just Totally Over-The-Top!!!

I'm not a big chicken eater, but I'd be All Over That like you wouldn't believe!!!

Taters gotta be awesome too!!!

Thanks for Posting,

Bear

15. dirtsailor2003

Thanks Bear! We eat chicken at least once a week, and tis week including leftovers it'll be 3 times! I prefer beef, but the fiancee prefers chicken. The taters are really good. Crispy skin creamy interior, Yumm!

16. dirtsailor2003

The chopped chicken makes a good wrap too! Would have done that, but we had left over buns from our bbq and no wraps!

17. seenred

seenred Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

Very nice, Sailor!  Everything looks and sounds delicious!  I like the tater idea, gotta add those to my 'to do' list.

Red

18. dirtsailor2003

Thanks Red! The taters make for a fun presentation and they are tasty!

19. That is some fine looking food, alright!  My mouth is watering looking at that plate.

20. dirtsailor2003

Thank you!!!!