Hello!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motown45

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 21, 2017
Detroit, Michigan
I am new to smoking. My profile pic was my first attempt ever at smoking. Those are St. Louis Style Spare Ribs. They turned out awesome! Everyone was stuffed and there were none left! I have a Masterbuilt Vertical Propane Smoker. I am looking for ideas, tips, and recipes. My next attempt will be Texas Style Brisket for Memorial Day. Any tips on how to do it with a Vertical Smoker would be appreciated! Thanks!

Motown45

Thank you! Quick question. I am going to smoke Briskett this weekend. I have seen a few videos on Storing the brisket after smoking for anywhere from 3-4 hours in a cooler. Is this necessary? Why do some people do this? Is there health risks to letting it store that long? Thanks for the info!

Welcome to the forum! As far as storing the brisket, no, there is no worry about heat. Wrap up the brisket in butcher paper, or foil, then in a few towels then place inside the cooler, close the lid. The brisket will continue to cook a bit more and stay hot. By letting it sit, the juices are redistributed through out the meat.

Reactions: motown45
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky