Hello from Nova Scotia, eager to learn from the Pros

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tmag

Original poster
Jan 10, 2024
Hi all, new to the forum and smoking
Eager to learn, looking for ideas for a smoker build to allow for 100-120# sausage/kielbasa runs.
Working in Sketchup on the design, have a lot of rough kiln-dried 1" yellow birch board that I was
think of building a board and batten style with an insulated cement board interior.
Pro-cons ? Examples to follow? Any help greatly appreciated.

Welcome from Fl. to your new addiction (The Forums)... Quite a few pros here to learn from...

Are you already an accomplished sausage maker ?
What are you thinking for heat source ?
The structure sounds like your on the right track...

We have other members from Nove Scotia as well.... Get a Novia Scotia Gathering going...

Reactions: tmag
Welcome Tmag, to the forum, also from Nova Scotia

This place has been a god send to me with all the helpful folks and the experience they willingly share.

What part of the province are you in/from.

David

Greetings, welcome to the group from New Mexico, USA.
Can't help on the build, never attempted one.

Welcome Tmag, to the forum, also from Nova Scotia

This place has been a god send to me with all the helpful folks and the experience they willingly share.

What part of the province are you in/from.

David
Yes, amazing all the details on here :) Hammonds Plains just outside of Halifax, but planning to build smoker with my Brother-in-law in St.Peter's C.B., and you ?

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Welcome from Fl. to your new addiction (The Forums)... Quite a few pros here to learn from...

Are you already an accomplished sausage maker ?
What are you thinking for heat source ?
The structure sounds like your on the right track...

We have other members from Nove Scotia as well.... Get a Novia Scotia Gathering going...
No, total newbie. But want to learn. Have an opportunity to keep alive my brother-in-law's family recipe for kielbassa which I enjoyed for years before his father passed away. His mother is finally willing to pass on the knowledge and we want to set up a smokehouse this year as she too is up there. We both have Polish ancestory :)

Yes, amazing all the details on here :) Hammonds Plains just outside of Halifax, but planning to build smoker with my Brother-in-law in St.Peter's C.B., and you ?

Just around the corner from you .
I'm in Middle Sackville

And yes this place is full of it ..... sorry I meant yes full of good information. That will be a long drive for you to use the smoker in Cape Breton.
Are you having or have one at home in Hammonds Plains.

David

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: tmag and gmc2003
Just around the corner from you .
I'm in Middle Sackville

And yes this place is full of it ..... sorry I meant yes full of good information. That will be a long drive for you to use the smoker in Cape Breton.
Are you having or have one at home in Hammonds Plains.

David
No I don't think I will here, but this may be a good investment if I decide to retire back there in a few years. Love to design this stuff anyway.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky