Hello from Ontario Canada

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CindyLouB

Original poster
Jul 27, 2019
Southwestern Ontario
Hey there! I'm super excited to be making goose jerky today. I have the meat marinading in the fridge since Wednesday night. I am using a vertical charcoal smoker for only the second time ever. I made goose jerky once last summer and it turned out really good. I only wish I had documented what I did better. If anybody has suggestions, feel free to share. A friend gave us his smoker (it was brand new, never used - but had no instructions so I have to wing it). Wish me luck!
Happy Smoking!

Reactions: JC in GB
Hi again. Goose jerky was made. It's only so-so. Hubby prepared meat but didn't remove all the silver skin and sliced it a little too thick. It was very tender for the most part but the taste didn't pop. I marinaded the goose slices for 2.5 days in pineapple juice, soy sauce and teriyaki with some spices. The taste was ok but not wow. I used metal skewers to hang the sliced meat on the wire racks in the vertical smoker. I filled the water bowl with water but still found it very difficult to maintain a temperature below 200 degrees F. The jerky I made last year tasted better but I don't follow recipes very well. I always end up just using them as a starting point and never know what it was I did that made is so good or in this case OK. There's still goose in the freezer to use up, so it's back to the drawing board. Perhaps I'll try a prepared package of jerky cure and spices this time.

Welcome to the forums, happy to have ya join up.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky