• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hello from Northern Michigan

celticguitar

Joined Oct 13, 2016
My name is Jim. I've smoked with a Brinkman water smoker for years (electric). Currently building a wood-fired smoker similar to the cedar smokehouse found in the forum. I've raised my own pigs and chicken for years. Smoked lots of fish, turkeys, geese, jerky, but never my own bacon and hams. Looking for any help I can get.

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
Jim, welcome to SMF!  Glad you found us and I know you'll find plenty of help here too.  Can't wait to see your inaugural smoke on the new smoker. 

Have fun!

Ray

murraysmokin

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 14, 2015
Welcome from se michigan. I have done bacon a few time just search bacon recipes & you will find a great variety on here. I cold smoke mine throw it in the freezer for a little then slice away.

Last edited:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to the forum Jim!

Glad to have you with us!

Plenty of guys on here to help you get started making bacon!

Al

meatsweats86

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 23, 2016
Welcome Jim,

Are you a Yooper or living just below the bridge?  I grew up in Gladstone, MI. Was just back home to Gods Country last week and heading back for Deer season in 1 month.

- MeatSweats

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.