Hello from Northern Michigan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

celticguitar

Original poster
Oct 13, 2016
My name is Jim. I've smoked with a Brinkman water smoker for years (electric). Currently building a wood-fired smoker similar to the cedar smokehouse found in the forum. I've raised my own pigs and chicken for years. Smoked lots of fish, turkeys, geese, jerky, but never my own bacon and hams. Looking for any help I can get.

Welcome from se michigan. I have done bacon a few time just search bacon recipes & you will find a great variety on here. I cold smoke mine throw it in the freezer for a little then slice away.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Jim!

Glad to have you with us!

Plenty of guys on here to help you get started making bacon!

Al

Welcome Jim,

Are you a Yooper or living just below the bridge?  I grew up in Gladstone, MI. Was just back home to Gods Country last week and heading back for Deer season in 1 month.

- MeatSweats

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky