Hi from Pa.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rabbit59

Original poster
Dec 15, 2023
Bradford, Pa.
I'm not a noob in the sense I've smoked food my whole life(64) and am always willing to learn new things. I'm a big hunter, took a nice buck this fall, and bone out lots of it for sausage. I have 25# of clean venison for grinding. I bought pork fat (17#)from a guy that raises and butchers pigs. I own a 1.5 cabelas grinder, a lem 10# motorized stuffer, and a quite old MES 30" STAINLESS smoker I'd like to fix up. It needs care by now....if anyone has suggestions, I'm open....ty

Hello from Florida.
You definitely have the equipment.
There is a lot of threads on here for improving an MES with PID temp controls.
I don't have one but hopefully someone that does will respond

Reactions: rabbit59
I'm not a noob in the sense I've smoked food my whole life(64) and am always willing to learn new things. I'm a big hunter, took a nice buck this fall, and bone out lots of it for sausage. I have 25# of clean venison for grinding. I bought pork fat (17#)from a guy that raises and butchers pigs. I own a 1.5 cabelas grinder, a lem 10# motorized stuffer, and a quite old MES 30" STAINLESS smoker I'd like to fix up. It needs care by now....if anyone has suggestions, I'm open....ty
Welcome from union county !!

Welcome from OHIO! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with your venison sausage!

Welcome from Iowa! Bet you love that grinder... I love mine. Best thing to do for your mes is buy an auber pid for it... especially for doing sausage and sticks. It will hold temp within a couple degrees.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky