Hatch Chili Question!?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, so I have been looking forward to picking up some fire roasted Hatch Chilis for a few things I have in mind to use them for.

Talking with the folks that usually have the roasts on them… I was told they had very limited number of chilis this year in this area due to the weather in New Mexico… so they are done for the year! They only had enough to roast for a half a day and that was it, at least that’s what I was told!

So, here’s my question… I noticed there are a handful of places online that sell them and ship to you! Have any of you done this and if so… were you happy with the product you received? I just really want to get my hands on some! So if any of you have ordered online and would be kind enough to share some experiences or info… I’d be very appreciative!

Thanks in advance for any input!

Hey all, so I have been looking forward to picking up some fire roasted Hatch Chilis for a few things I have in mind to use them for.

Talking with the folks that usually have the roasts on them… I was told they had very limited number of chilis this year in this area due to the weather in New Mexico… so they are done for the year! They only had enough to roast for a half a day and that was it, at least that’s what I was told!

So, here’s my question… I noticed there are a handful of places online that sell them and ship to you! Have any of you done this and if so… were you happy with the product you received? I just really want to get my hands on some! So if any of you have ordered online and would be kind enough to share some experiences or info… I’d be very appreciative!

Where are you located? I can give you some good and solid places to buy that ship, but they are all out of New Mexico or Colorado. Shipping may be steep but I’ll help you search that out. I know a little about green Chile and shipping.

Where are you located? I can give you some good and solid places to buy that ship, but they are all out of New Mexico or Colorado. Shipping may be steep but I’ll help you search that out. I know a little about green Chile and shipping.

That would be awesome, thank you! Located in SE Idaho… bout 40 miles north of Idaho Falls if you’re at all familiar with this area. Thanks again!

Reactions: JLeonard
Justin we have loads in the store down south, I would think the Freddy’s in IF would have them Winco as well.

That would be awesome, thank you! Located in SE Idaho… bout 40 miles north of Idaho Falls if you’re at all familiar with this area. Thanks again!
It seems you are a ghost. When I click on your icon to connect the system says “opps we have a problem” not cool.

So I’ll post for the whole world.

“The Chile Guy” is the largest green and red Chile provider in the country. They will ship fresh, roasted and frozen or canned.
Here is there web page.
https://www.thechileguy.com/

Then there is the Pueblo Chile from Colorado, they also have hot anaheim Chile. So delicious.
https://www.lulusfarmstore.com/products/mosco-pueblo-red-hot
the Mirasol/mosco is the Pueblo Chile. They ship them frozen in 2# bags.

I moved to New Mexico so I could get them. :emoji_laughing:

Going back the local farm Monday and will get another sack if they still have any.

are you more interested in fresh or would you be interested in dried? I would think finding dried would be easier, but maybe not the flavor you're going for.

Alright Justin, I'm gonna go out on a limb here because you and I go back a long way. Our little grocery store has tons of different Hatch chili stuff available. Peppers both dried and fresh, salsas, mustard, popcorn, chips, hot sauces, and so on. If you hit a road block just let me know and I'll load up a bunch of stuff and send it your way. Not sure how well fresh peppers would ship but the dried ones would be fine and you can re-hydrate them. There are also a whole bunch of different dried Mexican peppers...guajillo, arbol. poblano, pasilla, and the list goes on. Lemme know if you want a load of stuff and I'll pick it up over the weekend and ship it out early next week.

Robert

• Love
Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
There are also a whole bunch of different dried Mexican peppers...guajillo, arbol. poblano, pasilla, and the list goes on
I always keep those on hand. If you need some dried just put into spice grinder. Nice to experiment making red sauces. My problem is never write it! I love those Ancho chiles and pasillas negros

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky