Grilled Pizzas w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Figured I would share a few pictures of some pizzas I had done a few days ago. Nothing to write home about compared to some of the stuff I see you guys post but not bad. First time making my own dough and my own sauce and man can you tell the difference! Shoutout to tx smoker tx smoker for help with the sauce and Smokin' in AZ Smokin' in AZ sawhorseray sawhorseray for help with the dough.

The sauce:
pizza30.jpg

Threw it in the blender with salt pepper garlic Italian seasoning and a tad of sugar.
pizza31.jpg

Here is the dough balls after they were done rising. Sorry for the dark crappy picture but you get the idea.
pizza32.jpg

Started out with some cheese bread. Here it while I was checking on it on the grill.
pizza33.jpg

Assembled some pizzas. I didn't have a lot of toppings on hand so rolled with what I had. This one is spinach, motz, and tomatoes as thin crust as I could get it.
pizza34.jpg

pizza35.jpg

Did a pepperoni and a buffalo chicken.
pizza36.jpg

pizza37.jpg

Quick plate.
pizza38.jpg

Ran these around 500 the whole time on the grill. Best pizzas I have produced so far. My picky 7 year old who only likes take out pizza even loved it. Well worth the extra time to make the dough and sauce as it was much better than the jarred stuff and frozen dough balls. Couldn't believe the taste difference. Also used whole milk motz and that helped as well. All of this is stuff I have learned from the forum and its great members. Anyways thanks for checking it out. Stay safe out there!

John

That's a beautiful piece of work John, and made even better now that your daughter approves! Big Like! RAY

Nice job John!
You just can’t beat a homemade pizza, if your setup gets hot enough.
And judging from the looks of your pizza, yours does!
We make our own dough & sauce too & it really makes a difference cause you can make it to YOUR taste.
Very nicely done!!
Al

Looks like you got some real good advice John and listen to it as well. Those pizzas look great.

Point for sure
Chris

Beautiful looking pizza pies John! I’d like a slice of each please!

Looks like you had no issues finding the San Marzanos?

Good looking stuff you got going on there John!! All of those look darned tasty buddy. Great job and happy that you have finally found pizza nirvana. From here they will only get better.

Do you have a link to the dough recipe?

Here's the recipe that I got from somebody and I think it was Ray and/or John

Ingredients
1 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 cups bread flour
2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning

Directions
1. Mix in a bowl or stand mixer
2. Preheat oven to 475°F.
3. Place dough on floured counter and let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
4. Shape into 15 to 16-inch round pizza pan. Add favorite pizza ingredients.
5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese is melted.

You're best off to put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover it with cling wrap, put it in a warm place, and let it rise for two hours before making the pizzas. Please note also that if you're using instant yeast you can just add it to the dough when mixing. If you're using dry active yeast you need to dissolve it in water before adding to the dough

Robert

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
tx smoker tx smoker Thank you that is the exact one I used.

S ShakingHorizons check out the recipe above me Robert posted. Very simple and quick to do if you are short on time. I used the grill instead of the oven as noted but whichever way you decide to go I think you will be happy.

Good looking stuff you got going on there John!! All of those look darned tasty buddy. Great job and happy that you have finally found pizza nirvana. From here they will only get better.

Here's the recipe that I got from somebody and I think it was Ray and/or John

Ingredients
1 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 cups bread flour
2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning

Directions
1. Mix in a bowl or stand mixer
2. Preheat oven to 475°F.
3. Place dough on floured counter and let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
4. Shape into 15 to 16-inch round pizza pan. Add favorite pizza ingredients.
5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese is melted.

You're best off to put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover it with cling wrap, put it in a warm place, and let it rise for two hours before making the pizzas. Please note also that if you're using instant yeast you can just add it to the dough when mixing. If you're using dry active yeast you need to dissolve it in water before adding to the dough

Robert
And I just found where I had it posted.....

Bread machine yeast is the same as regular active dry yeast....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky