Greetings from Southern California

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

equinn

Original poster
Nov 29, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I am fairly new to smoking meat.  I've had a Green Mountain Daniel Boone pellet smoker for about 2 years now.  I have made some awesome brisket and pork on it.  Having a bit of trouble with poultry though.  I found this site and thought I could get some advice.

My Location - Mission Viejo, CA

My Smoker - GMG Daniel Boone - non wifi version

Looking forward to some great advice.  Maybe someday I'll be able to give some as well.

Thanks,

EQuinn

Welcome to SMF!  What kinda a poultry problems you having?  I use higher heat, 275-325 and milder smoke for poultry.  Good to have you here.

Mike

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a nice cool day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great              people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Hi Mike,

I posted another thread about this in Poultry.  Basically, every time I make chicken or turkey, the skin gets really black.  Its a sooty black, I can wash it off a little.  I don't think its because of the sugar in the brine, but the smoke itself.  At least that's based on what I've read here.  I have been starting out at 225ºF which, from what I am learning is too low.  Also, I am going to try opening up the exhaust a bit more.

If you have any advice - especially if it related to my specific smoker, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

EQuinn

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky