• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Greetings from Southern California

equinn

Joined Nov 29, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I am fairly new to smoking meat.  I've had a Green Mountain Daniel Boone pellet smoker for about 2 years now.  I have made some awesome brisket and pork on it.  Having a bit of trouble with poultry though.  I found this site and thought I could get some advice.

My Location - Mission Viejo, CA

My Smoker - GMG Daniel Boone - non wifi version

Looking forward to some great advice.  Maybe someday I'll be able to give some as well.

Thanks,

EQuinn

mike5051

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 7, 2015
Welcome to SMF!  What kinda a poultry problems you having?  I use higher heat, 275-325 and milder smoke for poultry.  Good to have you here.

Mike

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to the group!

Glad to have you with us!

Al

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a nice cool day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great              people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

equinn

Joined Nov 29, 2016
Hi Mike,

I posted another thread about this in Poultry.  Basically, every time I make chicken or turkey, the skin gets really black.  Its a sooty black, I can wash it off a little.  I don't think its because of the sugar in the brine, but the smoke itself.  At least that's based on what I've read here.  I have been starting out at 225ºF which, from what I am learning is too low.  Also, I am going to try opening up the exhaust a bit more.

If you have any advice - especially if it related to my specific smoker, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

EQuinn

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.